Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Default JJ : 3 bet from the BB, low flop.

Hi,

vilain is tag 18/12. he plays at another table with me. My image is pretty agressive, I Cbet most of the time and 3bet at every oportunity most of the time for value. table is very passive, I am around 25/19.

I put him on a middle pocket pair. I don't think he can be bluffing there, he is obviously pushing for value/protection. I am not sure what hands he thinks are good there. I am not sure about my line, comments on all streets welcome.

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $197
UTG+1: $148.50
CO: $100
Button: $101.50
SB: $96
Hero: $151.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $12</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($24.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $17</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($58.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $72.5</font>, Hero
Old 01-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: JJ : 3 bet from the BB, low flop.

Make it $14 pf. Call the turn shove.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 PM

I agree that you should make your 3-bet a little more. You just about made it cheap enough for him to call with 22-99 or a good suited/con. I think the only thing he will be calling that raise with is a PP or something like KQs/910s.

The more I think about this hand, the more difficult I see it. Hmmm....

I'm not sure on my thinking but you're either a big dog or only a tiny favourite. I ask myself what you beat? Basically very few hands: 77-1010 and a bluff and that's about it. I don't mind your c-bet on the flop but I'd fold the turn reluctantly.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:01 PM

I don't think he is a very tricky or creative player. I don't think he calls with sc here or KQ type of hand. AK-AQs could be but he won't shove with the flush or the flush draw either.

He could also be ahead prf. I doubt it. But lately some better players played AA this way against me (more typical of 200NL though). I don't think he would.

Now I can't beat 22-66 and he may not be that bold to overbet TT in that spot.

I should have made it 14 prf for sure. In that case I am concerned about only stronger hands calling though.

What about my line postflop so far? Is the turn check standard? Does it even matter that I have the J of hearts, the way he cut my odds?