Default Re: 100 NL AQ flops flush and gutshot draw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah thanks that helps a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea if your being sarcastic but this preflop play is a leak

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I'm being sarcastic. Why on earth would you fold AQs here against a cutoff raise, especially from an unknown? It's a premium hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 18.62/5.32/1.00

[/ QUOTE ]

At first advice to fold pre-flop made no sense to me. I realize re-raising against someone with those numbers may not be the best play, but I did it because he was raising from CO. After re-evaluating I thought calling would be best, but now I decide that callign and playing OOP would not be good and it is probably raise or fold and I like a fold pre-flop better. On the button though instead of in the blind I think I like a call. Any opinions there? On the turn guess checking and calling a small bet would be the best play and perhaps playing a little more aggressively even if that only means calling slightly larger bets if the turn didn't pair the board wold be best. Anybody have anything to say about that?

Results:

Anyway I pushed the turn and got happy when a club hit the river. Then I got sad when he flipped TT.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:58 AM

How about checkraising the flop all in? Stack sizes seem ideal for this and a free card on the flop surely won't hurt you...

Or will a passive Villain like this only bet the flop with hands he's taking to the felt no matter what, giving you zero FE? Anyway, against a range of AA/KK/TT/77/AK you have ~40% equity.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:24 AM

I would just call the PFR... can anyone explain how you can reraise PF with AQs?
Old 01-09-2007, 06:29 AM

I didn't see there is the second page. The result is not surprising. For myself, I would fold PF. Since you have reraised, you basically put yourself in a tough situation which you have to act first with your continuation bet. If you check, you are basically giving this pot away unless your opponent is a TP. The river would probably cost you the same amount of money even if you didn't push on turn. However, the play throughout this hand is horrible IMO.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call the PFR... can anyone explain how you can reraise PF with AQs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Click on the raise button??
Old 01-09-2007, 07:31 AM

Fold preflop, c/f turn.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, c/f turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
holla
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 AM

Given the preflop action I like the c/r all in option, we have no worry about giving free cards, its great for shania, lots of weak made hands villain bets will have to fold the cr but some draws we dominate completely may feel priced in to call and we will induce the odd bluff. If this was a made hand you would want higher AF to go for a check raise but with the best draw this isnt the case, if he checks behind its not that likely he would call anyway and if he checks behind as a slowplay he really is just digging his own grave.

As played I'd re-raise preflop because I'm an idiot who still needs to fix that leak, turn would be read dependant but c/f been the default by a long shot.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:53 AM

5% raising range is 99+,AK,AQ. I don't want to be playing AQ OOP against that range.

(Maybe he loosens up on CO, I dunno, but I've a feeling most 18/5s aren't very positionally aware)

On turn, the K was a very bad card as you might be drawing dead and you have no fold equity against KQ,AK.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the preflop action I like the c/r all in option

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate it. raise or reraising preflop and then check raising looks fishy as hell and gets looked up by top pair or better lots.