Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Re: top two against aggression

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am more conservative than most; at least most of the people here. The spectre of 66 has me in this situation. After he bets out the turn, I'm calling and then calling the river. Sounds like the concensus so far is to fight agro with agro.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats at least an oppinion! Why 66?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am more conservative than most; at least most of the people here. The spectre of 66 has me in this situation. After he bets out the turn, I'm calling and then calling the river. Sounds like the concensus so far is to fight agro with agro.

[/ QUOTE ]

you aren't fighting 'aggro with aggro' ... you bet and raise because there is value in betting and raising vs this opponent (66 is only one of many hand villian plays like this ... not raising is missing 'value')
Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm ruling out AA, QQ, and AQ because he did not raise re-raise pre-flop. Based on his aggression after the flop, I'm thinking he has A6, Q6s, or 66. While I can beat the first two, I don't want to keep firing bets on the turn and river only to have him flip over 66 and beat me.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm ruling out AA, QQ, and AQ because he did not raise re-raise pre-flop. Based on his aggression after the flop, I'm thinking he has A6, Q6s, or 66. While I can beat the first two, I don't want to keep firing bets on the turn and river only to have him flip over 66 and beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. But villain is maniac!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:24 PM

This is a part of my game I struggle with. Even though I know someone is agro, I still have that "what if he really has something" thought in the back of my head. Instead of just betting the heck out of my two pair, I'm treading cautiously for fear of trips. I'm not folding, but I'm not re-raising the turn and flop either. Anyone have any suggestions on how to beat the "what if he really has a better hand" fears? Does that just come with experience?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a part of my game I struggle with. Even though I know someone is agro, I still have that "what if he really has something" thought in the back of my head. Instead of just betting the heck out of my two pair, I'm treading cautiously for fear of trips. I'm not folding, but I'm not re-raising the turn and flop either. Anyone have any suggestions on how to beat the "what if he really has a better hand" fears? Does that just come with experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

stop caring
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Its not nice to loose, but its part of the game.
There are about 10 times more two pair combos out there than set combos. And you have the best two pair.
Of course, you will loose sometimes. But you will win more often. Top Two Pair is a very powerful hand. Dont release it too easily!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any suggestions on how to beat the "what if he really has a better hand" fears? Does that just come with experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

play .02/.04
Old 01-09-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Its not nice to loose, but its part of the game.
There are about 10 times more two pair combos out there than set combos. And you have the best two pair.
Of course, you will loose sometimes. But you will win more often. Top Two Pair is a very powerful hand. Dont release it too easily!

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance I'm releasing the hand. I am just saying I would not continue to raise the turn and the river. I would just call at that point. Sounds like I need to start reconsidering how I approach this type of situation.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:52 AM

grunch

I would raise, and cap