Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: J9s turn c/r-ed

Implied odds: 130 to 24 or so if we can stack if we hit, that's good enough to call given that we are 3.5 to 1.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: J9s turn

i definitely call this. you have 9 immediate outs most likely which he probly wouldnt put u on a flush draw. u got 3 Qs(1s a heart) and ur J might be good here(but might not) so u got @ least 12 outs thatll give u the winning hand. if u back into a straight or flush its unlikely he will put u on it plus u got position. ez call=)
Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 AM

a few options here. the best one i think is to push, really because SB is pretty short. obv KT insta calls you, but any ten (or less!) has a pretty tough time calling. of course, him calling w/ NFD would suck (losing to ace high ouch!)

his stop and go, esp. half pot, is definately pretty weak. I really dont think a set plays this way, more often they're c/r the flop and pushing the turn, or c/c c/r turn. [given the fd on flop]

a call puts 92 in the pot with effective stack ~60. if he bet more id just call because it would seem he's not folding... this is a bet he intends to fold to a push.

edit: Fold is out of the question. hero has 12 outs (very rarely are ANY tainted) and its a half pot bet. even w/o implied odds this is at the minimum a call.

if the turn was like a rag heart id prefer just calling because a ten wont fold. this is a good scare card to make his likely hand lay down.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:45 AM

if he's deeper (so that a push is awkward, like if he had a full stack) a call is nicer. moreso bc both draws are disguised so if he does wake up w/ a set you stack him in a larger pot. and if he has like QT and you hit the straight you win a big one, etc etc
Old 01-11-2007, 08:03 AM

easy call

i have a hard time believing hes folding any T or better. Shorties like to showdown any resemblance of a hand that they may flop
Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy call

i have a hard time believing hes folding any T or better. Shorties on tilt like to showdown any resemblance of a hand that they may flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM

I did a quick calculation to weigh pushing vs. calling here. I assumed we have 12 outs and if we call, we'll get his stack about 2/3 of the time on the river.

The point where pushing became more profitable was if he folds about 1/3 of the time. I'm new to NL and still learning how to read hands well so I'm not quite sure how often we can expect him to fold here, but it seems you could make a legitimate case for pushing.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:23 PM

call, in addition too your outs there are some scarecards that can come, club etc. .that you can bluff at if he checks to you.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:57 PM

I say fold. You are getting 3-1 on your money. You are roughly 24% to make your hand. To make it worse you don't have the nut flush draw. I think fold is an option. But, if you are willing to make the call realize he will most likely bet the rest of his money no matter what the river is.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:59 PM

well, i called, river came a J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he checked, i thought my hand had decent showdown value and was tempted to shove for value, but decided to check behind. he had Q7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and mhig. thanks for replies.