Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: New Thread For Yes Or No Questions

David,

do you know Rafael Robb personally? If yes, seem like a good guy? Pent up? Anything?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without any cards having been exposed (live cards or mucked cards), and assuming you don't have ESP, would you ever fold a 9 high flush draw (four to the flush) on the flop in limit hold em'?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need Sklansky for this. The 1 word answer is clearly "yes". You didn't specify that your hole cards were suited but I'll assume that you meant that since its obvious that there are times to fold a 9-high flushdraw on monotone flops.

Its easy enough to create a hypothetical situation where folding would be correct. Say the most insanely tight/passive player you've ever played against (1% PFR over thousands of hands) raises several limpers from the BB and the flop comes AKK with 2 of your suit and the SB leads and the BB raises.

That said you will very rarely if ever be folding a 4-flush on the flop in limit hold em. I can't remember ever doing it.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without any cards having been exposed (live cards or mucked cards), and assuming you don't have ESP, would you ever fold a 9 high flush draw (four to the flush) on the flop in limit hold em'?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need Sklansky for this. The 1 word answer is clearly "yes". You didn't specify that your hole cards were suited but I'll assume that you meant that since its obvious that there are times to fold a 9-high flushdraw on monotone flops.

Its easy enough to create a hypothetical situation where folding would be correct. Say the most insanely tight/passive player you've ever played against (1% PFR over thousands of hands) raises several limpers from the BB and the flop comes AKK with 2 of your suit and the SB leads and the BB raises.

That said you will very rarely if ever be folding a 4-flush on the flop in limit hold em. I can't remember ever doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still call in your hypothetical situation, 10000% of the time.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Post deleted by Ryan Beal

Old 01-08-2007, 06:52 PM

do you believe in the existance of ET life?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 PM

In limit holdem with a 2-3 blind structure, when in the small blind, is it ever correct to muck in lieu of completing?

leaponthis
Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM

David doesn't have the knowledge to asses that.

D.Y.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM

Of course he has. Let's see if he'll admit it. Or, let's see if he'll vehemently deny it. Both juicy.

DY
Old 01-08-2007, 08:22 PM

Do you have concerns/thoughts about impending 'Peak Oil' production and its effects on society?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still call in your hypothetical situation, 10000% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you like drawing dead then.