Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Blind battle, late in a $215

the whole situation...preflop you had been the agressor and he limped in, and you felt he wanted you to move in..that he had a strong hand...then the whole flop play etc...for KK I think would check it down 3 times on this board..since its pretty much hit or miss board and give you an oppurtinity to bluff river. If it was a more action kinda board then i would say he would bet KK on river but not on this board.

...What he have ?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:02 AM

What is the point of the river bet? Are you betting for value, on second bottoms?

Just check it down. Either you take down a nice little pot from a whiffed AJ/AQ/suited-conn. or you see his monster trap and thank god that you didn't try any funny business.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:06 AM

well I'm betting for value and inducing a bluff. after my river bet it's up to the villain to decide which. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2006, 08:13 PM

I'm glad this hand was so difficult as I was the SB in this hand. I thought Bonafone might've had a K and couldn't fold it, who knew I was value betting against his low pair haha. I had KT if anyone cared.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 02-10-2006, 08:57 PM

That river bet is really really bad. It cannot possibly be for value. 44, 33, 2x, and 5x) are not calling. Also, the 44, and 33 I think push PF. Therefore, no hand that you beat can possibly call. WIth that said the push does not seem like KK, however I dont think you can call it.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of betting the river. Are there any/many worse hands that are going to call you?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ and AQ both either call or shove I think. My only real concern was a horrible played mpp.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of betting the river. Are there any/many worse hands that are going to call you?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ and AQ both either call or shove I think. My only real concern was a horrible played mpp.

[/ QUOTE ]

How. SB has about 7 BB after completing, dont you think he pushes these hands PF. I highy doubt he slowplays AQ or AJ preflop as a shorty.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How. SB has about 7 BB after completing, dont you think he pushes these hands PF. I highy doubt he slowplays AQ or AJ preflop as a shorty.

[/ QUOTE ]

As i stated in my orignal post. I had been very aggressive leading up to this hand. He's limping, because he's trapping me. Now think what hands he could be trapping with that'd he'd check the flop and turn and then check to me on the river. The "smart" play would have been to check behind and take my pot, but I like to mix up my play. You 2+2'er are too ABC [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I just can't put him on a hand that beats me
Old 02-10-2006, 09:30 PM

Impossible. I to am for mixing up my play. However, this hand is not one of them.