Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: I Own 30,000 Shares Of

[ QUOTE ]
(Virtual, cuz I am still a poor bastard)

JDSU - JDS Uniphase

Except I wish I could have told all of you 1 year ago. when I bought 27,000 shares for just over 40K now worth 400K!!!

Although at 17 a share, now is probably not a great time to buy, but with an increasing necessity for "fiber to curb" in the next 5-20 years, if your looking for a long term investment. Wait till it drops under 10 this summer and put the farm on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad stock actually did a reverse split.. If you are up, its not by much.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 AM

This thread is very very very bad. It also has the potential to cause legal problems. Since we're all so anonymous and all, threads like this have the possibility to have insider trading problems, and false stock price buffering prices. Particularly if the stock is of small volume (obviously). Just something to watch out for.

citanul
Old 01-07-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just something to watch out for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats interesting.
Are there any stock marker forums ? I dont know any as I am not interested in it but I woudl guess that there aer forum similair to 2p2 where anonymous ppl discuss diffrent stocks all the time. Any comments ?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18 PM

Yahoo has message boards for just about major stock traded. You see spammers every once in a while who come on touting some boiler room type small stock. I think they even busted a young kid who was so good at it he actually moved some stock prices and profited from the pump and dump yahoo spamming. However I believe it's got to be pretty extensive spamming to work. And even if it does they will track you down and prosecute.

PairTheBoard
Old 01-08-2007, 04:09 AM

have odors around your kitchen? Do you have odors around your wife? Well, our new product, the African
lion was roaming through the jungle looking for something to eat. He came across two men. One asked them
to disperse. “But why?” they asked, as they precisely 5:03 p.m. A group of chess enthusiasts had checked
into a hotel One afternoon, as the end of the I'll make you a new plate, and this time use Hollandaise sauce is

an soldier) GET DOWN!! You're our last healthy man trantham. I know you feel duty-bound to the sick and
injured, but we must take this hill! We cant afford to get you tell me is who I can and cannot date. Isn't
Old 01-08-2007, 11:32 AM

David, you need to stay out of the sun. It's not healthy for guys like you and me.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yahoo has message boards for just about major stock traded. You see spammers every once in a while who come on touting some boiler room type small stock. I think they even busted a young kid who was so good at it he actually moved some stock prices and profited from the pump and dump yahoo spamming. However I believe it's got to be pretty extensive spamming to work. And even if it does they will track you down and prosecute.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

i would love to see the article if that kid was actual able to do it through yahoo message boards alone, because i dont think its feasible.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

i would love to see the article if that kid was actual able to do it through yahoo message boards alone, because i dont think its feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/rbb/risd/Lebed.html
Old 01-08-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/rbb/risd/Lebed.html

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew the stock would have be to smallish and "The average daily trading volume of the small companies he dealt in was about 60,000 shares".

but im still shocked that people would listen to random internet poster about such a small cap shock.

my hats off to the kid he must have really given off an "expert" vibe.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Since we're discussing stocks may I pose a question to those who are schooled in the field?
Does any feel that we might be on the verge of another tech bubble burst?
The reason I ask...

March 2005- Yahoo buys Flickr for more than $30m
July 2005 - Murdoch buys MySpace for $580m
August 2005 An advertising deal from Google guarantees MySpace a $900m income over four years.
December 2005 Yahoo buys Del.icio.us for £30m

Bebo resists $100m offers to sell
Craiglist valued at $1bn
BusinessWeek suggests Digg.com founder Kevin Rose made $60m in 18 months
Facebook turns down a $1.4bn offer from Yahoo, hoping for $2bn.
In October 2006 Google buys YouTube for $1.6bn, a growth in value of more than $100m a month since the company was created in February 2005.

How the hell can YouTube possiby be worth that much? How will Google recoup that ammount? It all seems so insane to me.