Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:51 AM

Default besides the river raise did i douche this up

Ultimate Bet
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5./$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.4SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.7BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.7BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 17.7BB
Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: besides the river raise did i douche this up

I start raising on the flop and don't stop until I'm 3-bet on the river. You build a pretty big pot, so I don't think I slowplay my monster here.

And how did you make that converter work with UB, when I try to use it I always get some weird output with the word hero inserted everywhere?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:57 AM

yey
raise flop
dont slowplay in a big pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 11:27 AM

im fine with everything in this hand. the river cap is probably pushing it, but I certainly couldn't just call his river donk becuz a bdfd hits. once he 3bets this is probably Ax of hearts but there really is only one combo of that so dont sweat this hand too much just don't cap next time...
Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 AM

It feels strange not to cap it on the river, but since villain raised the river against what looks like AA/AK/KK, you might just want to call his raise. If I were playing the hand I probably wouldn't be able to resist capping it, but I think it's a mistake. The rest of the hand I agree with. On the flop your hand is nearly invincible, so it doesn't hurt to let BB in to pay a SB so that you can raise the turn. However, raising the flop wouldn't be a bad play either. You can't make too many mistakes when you flop a set of aces on a board with no draws.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:51 AM

Flop slowplay is fine. You've got everyone crushed, and there isn't really any scarecards, that would slow UTG down on the turn.

After he bet/calls turn and bet/3-bets river, capping is too much unless he's a maniac. Against some opponnents just calling the river could be right, but without a read, I would definitely raise.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 PM

River cap is bad. He has Axh way more than 50% after he 3bets the river.

I would raise the flop, but i don't think it's that bad not to. Reads would help some. Like will bb call with any pocket pair here? Does UTG have an ace often or is he an idiot? Is UTG aggro enough to have more fun on the flop.

Waiting to raise the turn usually indicates a stronger hand and will generate less action.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 PM

Oddly, you've provided one of the rare examples of what I think is a good slowplay (usually I hate them). Given your relative position, it's worth it to try to get BBs overcall. There is basically nothing that can beat you with one card, and no scare cards that'll shut you down. Given that your set is As, it's not that likely your opponents will have monster hands that'll go a bunch of bets on any street, so you're often in a "you only get to raise once" kind of situation. So I like the flop call here.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:21 PM

I like the flop call here. Often if you raise, you'll push him off a small pp, but if you call he'll get suspicious and either bet the turn or c/c down. If he has a big hand, we're not losing much if anything. It's also be a shame to fold out BB if he has a 9 or 6 when he's drawing almost dead and we'll get quite a few bets if he hits 2 pair/trips on the turn.

I'd just call the river though. His 3-bet indicates that something changed from the turn. He could have A2 or some other nonsense, but he probably has hearts.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:59 PM

in case anyone was wondering. he turned over 89h. i was thinking just like deranged. while the pot was getting big. i wanted BB's overcall because i just didnt think they had much of a draw. well, runner runner happens.

the converter worked fine as long as i changed it to 2+2 forums in the pulldown box.