Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 07:54 AM

Default AJo, nut flush draw, huge action

No read on UTG. UTG+1 is a bit of a whackjob - something like 45/25/3.5.

I am unsure on every street here.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(10.5:2)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(19.5:2)</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(21.75:1)</font>.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (21.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(23.75:1)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: 24.75BB
Old 01-08-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: AJo, nut flush draw, huge action

Well. I think thats a difficult hand.
I would raise the flop.
Given that you did not, it is getting more difficult:
It is not a raise for sure. But it is between a call or fold, I think.
Im tending to a fold.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 AM

I don'T think you could have done much different here. I assume you were between a flopped flush and a set?

PF: fine.
Flop: fine. Raising might slow them down, but I doubt it. So calling is ok, seeing that you have TPTK and a redraw to the nuts.
Turn: Just call. You get 13:1 to draw to your 4 outs plus the remaining [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s. That's enough to continue, considering that it'll be probably capped again, but not to raise yourself. Who knows? Maybe UTG+1 would have just called the 3bet?
River: The pot is huge. Closing the action and getting 24:1 odds, you have to be good just one in 24 times to make it break even. However, with two villains, that means that you have to be good against each one individually something like 1 in 5 times, no? I'm not sure you'll be able to pull that off. So, I will probably fold, since I decided on the turn that I was drawing. Those draws didn't get there, so I fold. But in a pot this huge, calling the last bet can't be a huge error in any case.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Oops. I misread this.
I think Im out of this hand on the turn. Too much possible reraising. And your raise is no good. Youre lost.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:01 AM

PF I'd just call.

Hit the flop pretty hard so 3 bet there, especially with UTG+1 being manic. It'd make the rest of the hand easier to play and may buy you a free card on the turn.

Not commenting on the other streets because it's too hard! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Im out of this hand on the turn. Too much possible reraising. And your raise is no good. Youre lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have 9 outs to nut flush and 4 outs to full house. Even if the turn is capped you are getting ~4:18 (~1:4,5) which should be more than enough

Id fold the river though
Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hit the flop pretty hard so 3 bet there, especially with UTG+1 being manic. It'd make the rest of the hand easier to play and may buy you a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think your hand is good on this flop with someone betting and someone being happy to raise? You're behind and drawing.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think your hand is good on this flop with someone betting and someone being happy to raise? You're behind and drawing.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the read on UTG+1 hero's hand may be good. Granted, maybe not, but possible. Also 3betting may get you a free card which would be valuable if it worked out that way.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 AM

It sure looks like UTG hit his flush on the flop and isn't afraid of letting everyone know. Unfortunately you have too many draws to fold. Not much you could do differently. You can probably fold the river, no way 2 pair is good, but it is such a ginourmous pot and you are closing the action so it's not the worst call ever. Pre-flop is fine, you're going to hear as many people on one side as the other which means either way can't be a big mistake. This hand is where variance comes from; you played it correctly and probably lost 8 BB, at least it wasn't 12...
Old 01-08-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It sure looks like UTG hit his flush on the flop and isn't afraid of letting everyone know. Unfortunately you have too many draws to fold. Not much you could do differently. You can probably fold the river, no way 2 pair is good, but it is such a ginourmous pot and you are closing the action so it's not the worst call ever. Pre-flop is fine, you're going to hear as many people on one side as the other which means either way can't be a big mistake. This hand is where variance comes from; you played it correctly and probably lost 8 BB, at least it wasn't 12...

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think of a flop 3bet?