Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Good or bad?

Villain likes to limp-call raises and is somewhere around 33/5. He has min-raised me two times in position and has done a few block bets on scary boards (all of which he lost). I have definitely frustrated him to the point where continually plays more pots with me. My question is what would you do on the flop. If you call his min raise, what do you do on the turn?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $49.20
UTG+1: $40.10
CO: $4.85
Button: $13.10
Hero: $39.05
BB: $27

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $36.55</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($78.6, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $78.6)
Old 01-08-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Good or bad?

Given your read I think your line might be OK, although his range surely includes J9.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Good or bad?

Looks good based on your read that he is frustrated. With this board I don't know if you can slow play with a call. You got all kinds a draws here. If I were to just call (which I don't really like on this board and your smaller stack, since we're getting pot committed after the flop check raise) I think I would puke since the pot is $23.5, I have $28 and a scare card just showed up.

After the turn if he leads out and does one of his block bets then I shove. If he checks, flip a coin shove or check.