Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 AM

Default 3/6 AQs tricky flip

villain getting crazy is unknown. should i fold this flop?? if i dont my plan is to call and raise any good looking turn.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero ??
Old 02-10-2006, 01:30 AM

Default Re: 3/6 AQs tricky flip

Cap with the intention of checking behind on the turn UI if you think that theres any chance CO will fold.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap with the intention of checking behind on the turn UI if you think that theres any chance CO will fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont get the check behind thing. i forgot, CO is 35/10/1 and WTSD ~40. i dont think he is folding.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:45 AM

You're probably going to have to call this flop and a turn bet. Why not cap instead if theres a reasonable chance you get it HU and pay less than you would;ve if you called the flop 3-bet and a turn bet? Doesn't seems like CO will fold though so call.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 AM

Location: 9 to 5ing it the hard way.. but I am out of the house and meeting people.

Id call the flop. I often see 3bets like this with pair/str8 draw combinations - KQ for example.

depending on the turn card and the CO and SBs continued aggression I could find a fold on the turn. Interested to see the rest of the hand
Old 02-10-2006, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I often see 3bets like this with pair/str8 draw combinations - KQ for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

n00bish strategy question. I'm thinking that 3-betting pair/OESD is the correct play here. am I just terribly wrong here? should you only 3-bet if it's TP/OESD as opposed to MP or BP?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:37 AM

Location: 9 to 5ing it the hard way.. but I am out of the house and meeting people.

thats a very difficult question to answer because IMHO it depends on how many people are in the hand, and the types of players they are. If they are very loose then you may want to punish them for calling with worse hands and pump the pot because your equity will be high. If they are too laggy then they could be raising with only a draw or btm pair + a draw.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:52 AM

my question is to be taken from the perspective of the SB in this specific hand. as in, if YOU were SB holding KQ with this board, do you 3-bet? I dont mean to get OT or hijack the thread, just a n00b asking n00b questions and being generally innappropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2006, 03:59 AM

After rereading the hand posted I would not be 3betting KQ from the sb. notice that the sb checked and then 3 bet out of nowhere. looks like some kind of protection play. could have a set or two pair. and stop people drawing to a str8. possibly even the bottom end of the str8.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:28 AM

Damn, that sucks. I doubt you're ahead, but you never know, and it's anyone's guess how many of your 9 fuzzy outs are good.

I doubt CO is going anywhere, since most likely he has at least a pair and a gutshot like you or a pair + OESD type hand. Or maybe you're up against two JT's or something. In any event, it could be worthwhile to know if CO wants to cap.

What an uncomfortable spot.