Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 AM

Default AQ vs reg - UB NL 100

Villian is "Green Spastic" for anyone who plays this game. IMO one of the more solid reg's in the game - I have him at 22/16/3 over 800 hands. I don't believe we have any real history between us, but he should see me a Tagish (I run at 17/14/3 typically).

Comments everywhere welcome

Folds to villain ($116) who opens pot to $3.50. SB folds and hero ($112) 3 bets to $11 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villian calls.

Flop ($22.50) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, villian checks

<font color="red"> Is checking here bad? I bet here alot, but to change it up I decide to check. I also think that [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] only make up a small part of his range, and I can get value on later streets by checking here </font>

Turn ($22.50) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets $15, Villian calls $15

<font color="red">Seems standard. Safe card, so time to get some value. </font>

River Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]($52.50)

Hero checks, villian bets $20; hero raises all in $91.35

<font color="red">Eh? </font>
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 AM

Default Re: AQ vs reg - UB NL 100

I personally love the way this hand was played- it lets a player bluff off if missed a draw or who just called you pretty thin on turn- and I can't see him getting away from many aces if he called a preflop reraise and you checked the flop. I think ur gettin paid off quite often here. AK is very possible from him too- so nice luckboxing the river Q. lol played perfect vnh
Old 01-08-2007, 01:17 AM

I think you should have bet the flop to see where you stand. Since you didn't bet the flop, you don't know what he has. He could have Kh Th here, and just flopped a monster draw, or he could have JJ or 77 and he is slow playing a set. But since you rivered top two pairs, you have to pay him off if he had a set.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 AM

I really like your line and your thinking up until the river.

On the river you've given him a chance to be a worse two pair, missed draw, or air. I don't think you're getting called by any worse hands here except possibly AJ, A7, and occasionally AK. I'd just call the river bet.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the river you've given him a chance to be a worse two pair, missed draw, or air. I don't think you're getting called by any worse hands here except possibly AJ, A7, and occasionally AK. I'd just call the river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I have any chance of getting looked up light here b/c my hand looks like a bluff? That was a large part of my thinking on the river after he bet so small.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 AM

nh yo
Old 01-08-2007, 01:51 AM

Id just bet myself
Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I have any chance of getting looked up light here b/c my hand looks like a bluff? That was a large part of my thinking on the river after he bet so small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your line looks much like a bluff on its own. River checkraises are hardly ever bluffs so I'm guessing he's going to give you at least a little more credit for your raise here. He also is in position and made a bet that gives you 3.5:1 odds to call. I would expect a hand like AK to check behind here, him to value bet AJ AQ or a set, and possibly make this bet as a bluff. I'd rule out QJ because it will generally fold to the turn bet, and I'd rule out A7 and A2 because I would expect them to usually be dumped to the 3bet.

IMO his river bet is either for value with a hand like AQ AJ QQ JJ AA or KThh or a bluff. Bluffs are obviously folding and you aren't beating much of that range.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Id just bet myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts on flop check?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:02 AM

checking flop here is fine, pretty standard