Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Monitors in the FTP store

If you have an ATI video card (and maybe Nvidia, but I dont know, havent owned one for years), you can create a virtual 1600x1200 in 1280x1024 resolution. No overlap, but youre constantly mousing over to the edge of the table that has the current action.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Yeah kcheel, I 8-table on 1 monitor with some overlap (with 4 tables up), but I can see the cards and everything else I need to see just fine. I don't see how not having overlap would change my life...
Old 01-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Overlap doesn't bother me as much as the size of the table. If they are really small, its too much eyestrain trying to read bets/PAHUD stats/etc. over a couple of hours and gives me headaches.

When playing on my laptop (15" screen), I 4 table with just a small amount of overlap. Could reduce them down more but they are just too small for my tastes.

I hope sometime this year I can upgrade my laptop to one with a 17" screen and also purchase another monitor for my desktop use. My current combo of a 2001fpw and 2007fp is annoying me since they are different size ratios.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:18 PM

hmmm, thanks for your post kcheel. I was about to buy a laptop for poker with a 15" screen, but maybe having the numbers be bigger on a 17" would be worth the extra money...
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM

SOmeone plz answer my question [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

What monitor should I buy if I want to 6table at Party? I just want to know the best bang for my buck, single monitor setup I can get..

plz?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Mossberg, are you asking the biggest monitor you can get for a price? Or are you asking the smallest resolution that will fit 6 tables on the screen at once? Or what?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SOmeone plz answer my question [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

What monitor should I buy if I want to 6table at Party? I just want to know the best bang for my buck, single monitor setup I can get..

plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I thought I had already answered it in a round about way. If I was wanting to regulary play 6 tables and was playing where they had resizable tables, then I prefer the widescreen 20" monitors like the Dell 2007FPW.

Two rows of 3 tables work better on the widescreen IMO.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:04 PM

New to this forum, but I have a question for you all. I have about 200k points on FTP and I am considering ordering the 24" Samsung widescreen monitor. First question is what is the max resolution for this item, and will I be able to 6 table with no overlap. I have a NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 video card, 64 MB i think....will this support the max resolution?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New to this forum, but I have a question for you all. I have about 200k points on FTP and I am considering ordering the 24" Samsung widescreen monitor. First question is what is the max resolution for this item, and will I be able to 6 table with no overlap. I have a NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 video card, 64 MB i think....will this support the max resolution?

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 01-07-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

No to the overlap, resolution, or video card?