Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 04:51 PM

Default NL50: Flop the Nuts + FD, Turn makes me Throw up a little

Villain is TAG regular,

I 3bet flop just in case turn brought a card that would kill my action. (and Pre flop I usually raise to $2, just misclicked to $2.5)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($9.50)
Hero ($54)
CO ($50.10)
Button ($24)
SB ($119.05)
BB ($15.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($5.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, CO calls $12.

Turn: ($45.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($65.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $17.6 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $17.60.

Final Pot: $100.95

Anyone find it in themselves to fold the turn?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: NL50: Flop the Nuts + FD, Turn makes me Throw up a little

no. NH
Old 01-07-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone find it in themselves to not shove the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm not folding I open-shove turn because we're getting it all in anyway.
Which 'TAG regular' minraises flops like this? Presumably you have reads on this regular. Anything useful? What does he minraise with? A lot of regular opponents I could almost guarantee getting a flop 3bet-shove called on this action.
EDIT: Your flop reraise amount makes me uneasy for some reason, although villain is not getting expressed odds to boat up on the next card. Maybe it's results-oriented [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'll continue to ponder.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:11 PM

I've been having trouble with these kinds of hands when I make a healthy reraise with the nuts that still leaves me enough money behind to make a mistake on later streets. I'm a terrible calling station if I flop a hand this big even though it looks like we're obviously beat on the turn.

So, in the future my plan is to just shove the flop when villain does some stupid minraise. If he likes his hand then let him go broke with it. At least then you can't make a mistake later on. I may lose some value some of the time but at least it keeps me from having to blame myself for losing money after I'm outdrawn and then going on tilt because of it.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been having trouble with these kinds of hands when I make a healthy reraise with the nuts that still leaves me enough money behind to make a mistake on later streets. I'm a terrible calling station if I flop a hand this big even though it looks like we're obviously beat on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
i do this too.
[ QUOTE ]

So, in the future my plan is to just shove the flop when villain does some stupid minraise. If he likes his hand then let him go broke with it. At least then you can't make a mistake later on. I may lose some value some of the time but at least it keeps me from having to blame myself for losing money after I'm outdrawn and then going on tilt because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i will try this, especially with hands that dont have redraws, when the turn card can bring 0 equity for my hand, like the straight (ok, you have a redraw to sf, but whatev.)
Old 01-07-2007, 06:37 PM

NH this hand went fine and will be profitable, open shove the turn regardless of the card because you definitely arent folding.....the only mistake leaving yourself money could leave you in this situation was folding, him calling the flop after RR is strange to me unless he had something suspect like KJ POSSIBLY AJ