Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Tough decisions on every street

[ QUOTE ]
P/F is fine, I myself don't mind the flop call, he's betting $10 into a $30 pot?
If I hit a nine I'm golden, or maybe he's got a whiffed A/K & will check through the turn.
Players often throw out this weak little C/B with a missed A/K.
Ok, now he comes out again on the turn, and most players at this level anyway won't double barrel a whiffed A/K (unless it's a F/D as well).
So I'm letting go of this on the turn, and giving him credit for a higher P/P.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said it perfectly. AK/AQ will rarely double barrel on this baord especially with the straight draw getting there (though unlikely it still scares people) yet he still bets. Drop this on the turn.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Well he had 77.

I was getting such good odds on every street so if his range included 77,88,A6 (and he was as weak as he seemed) maybe my play wasn't awful. On the other hand 77 was probably the worst legtimate hand he could show up with so I just got lucky.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:14 PM

I doubt I could have folded on any street when the villains bet so small relative to the pot. If there were a bet and a call in front of you on the turn, it's an easy fold. If someone would have bet 1/2+ pot, it's a fold.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:18 PM

once you make the pf call, i don't see how you can fold given the price you get on each street

turn has some possibilities after SB checks, but i imagine they're all spewy
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P/F is fine, I myself don't mind the flop call, he's betting $10 into a $30 pot?
If I hit a nine I'm golden, or maybe he's got a whiffed A/K &amp; will check through the turn.
Players often throw out this weak little C/B with a missed A/K.
Ok, now he comes out again on the turn, and most players at this level anyway won't double barrel a whiffed A/K (unless it's a F/D as well).
So I'm letting go of this on the turn, and giving him credit for a higher P/P.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this analysis too but note that it's not a double barrel. The SB almost obviously has AK with the pf RR and the weak CB, then c/f. UTG however, raised but called the rr, called the flop, and bet when checked to (figuring AK gave up). To me this screams another hand in your rage, a middle pp, 77-JJ. You've got half beat, half not beat. Huge pot odds make this a call, although I wouldn't say no to a fold either.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:11 AM

OP: never fold this pf, but turbo muck the flop, and if not that, then the turn, and if not that, then the river, and if not, then pay that man for making a donkey out of you for this hand.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:13 AM

I was going to say fold the turn, but then again I also thought SB double barreled. So much for reading comprehension. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Since it was UTG that bet the turn I think knicknut hit the nail on the head. The call is +EV long term although you'll be beat by TT, JJ, and even QQ often enough.
nh