Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Movie Lines 1/5-1/7

Actually Fabio with early numbers is about as bad as you get. You can go back over the last 4 months and on multiple occasions he has said or apologized for his early estimates. His words were something like I am bad at math. His actual numbers are money but his estimates are some bad. Also his main location is very close to where the story happen so I expect it to have close to the highest PTA for the weekend for Writers.

-Brendan
Old 01-06-2007, 12:04 PM

I completely disagree with your assessment of notfabio's accuracy, but whatever. About his own theater location, I mentioned that he was refering to other theaters he gets info on. This usually means early east coast theater returns. I would love it if there was someplace we could make a side bet on the over/under at 6mil right now. I'd take the over in a heartbeat if he said it's looking that way. I'd even go as much as 3 to 1 against me on it. Move the line to 5, and I'll take 10 to 1. But even if it turns out I'm right, this one instance means very little. Hey, that's what makes for sports betting. If we all collected and assessed the available info in the same way, there would never be opposing bets.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Friday's take from Mojo...

FW - 3.36
Happily - 2.0
Cleaner - 1.4

My guess is FW over easily, Happy slight over and Cleaner under.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 AM

I don't think The Cleaner is necessarily an under. I'd call it too close to call.

I tried to find a good comparable. How about the action comedy The Man with Samual Jackson and Eugene Levy. It was also a PG-13 with bad reviews.

It had a Friday 1.3 and ended up with 4.065.
The Cleaner has a Friday of 1.43, so... ?

However, there may be other important factors that I'm not aware of that make this a bad comparison.