Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Suggestion for Improved Thread Navigation

I usually read everything in the flat format because I can do it faster and easier. Sometimes though I get a post that doesn't make sense without knowing the previous post that it references. In these cases I have to switch to threaded, locate the post, and navigate through the thread.

Would it be possible to add two links to a post. Previous Post and Next Post (better named). In threaded format they bring you to the previous/next post in that thread and are disabled if there are no previous/next posts. In flat format they take you to the previous/next post and also change to threaded mode, again they are disabled if there are no previous/next posts.

I just thought of this, and am making it quite clear that I didn't put any effort into searching if this has been discussed or if this is practical with the forum software you are using. But it would be a kickass improvement (one worth sending me a hat/shirt for I believe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 12-31-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Suggestion for Improved Thread Navigation

click the name of the poster that the poster you are reading is replying to and it takes you to that post.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
click the name of the poster that the poster you are reading is replying to and it takes you to that post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I never knew that. I still think my suggestion would be a huge improvement for navigating through threads. Especially topics that have more than 40-50 posts because it would avoid scrolling up and down to switch between posts in threaded mode.

I guess though its no longer such an improvement that I deserve a hat/t-shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Seriously, this would make reading threads a million times better. Is it that hard?

For instance in the Sklansky forum there are frequently >100 post threads where I want to read the post from Sklansky and the surrounding posts. Its a pain to continuously scroll down through all of those posts to click on the next/prevoius post.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:36 PM

Threaded mode basically become totally useless, when quick reply was added... from that point, you could no longer count on proper threading...