Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Count-Down to SN Elite Chase!!

[ QUOTE ]

Most people work 8 hours/day, so I don't see why this is that different. And really, you'd be fine only 8-10 tabling if you're playing 40 hours/week imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a very big difference between going to work and concentrating on 10 tables for 40 hours a week. I would guess that the average person only puts in about 3 hours of work in an 8 hour day. I just can't imagine not being extremely burned out very quickly playing a full 40 hour week.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So far I got around 0.49 VPPs per hand at 1/2 NL. 12 tabling = 1000 hands/hour = 490 VPPs per hour = 2kish hours in 365 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 12 Tabling for 8 hours/day, 5 days/week, all year, realistic?

How many people do you think could do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people work 8 hours/day, so I don't see why this is that different. And really, you'd be fine only 8-10 tabling if you're playing 40 hours/week imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assani, if I had to guess, I would put the number of players playing 2 Million hands/year at zero, or pretty close [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 AM

12 Tabling for 8 hours/day, 5 days/week, all year, realistic?

--

about as realistic as a snowflake in hell
Old 01-06-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm doing in 2007.

It's hard, but not impossible.

I'm actually surprised more people aren't doing it.

Poker is getting tougher by the month.

My hourly earn was about $100 for half a year (with no bonuses/rakeback on other sites) in 2006 until things changed with the ban.

Unfortunately I only played like 500 hours in that period.

My hourly income is now much lower (but the bonuses I get from this compensates for some of that), but it's still a pretty damn good income for an an uneducated fool like myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The way I look at it, it's smart to put in the hours while the opportunity is here.

Donks like myself don't have the ability to play high levels, and my focus is on making money that I can save/invest in other things than poker (businesses, etc). (I have more "passion" for that kind of thing than poker)

If I thought poker would be "easily" beatable for a nice hourly income even for a player who are only semi-decent, I probably wouldn't rush it so much.

Making $125k - $200 k+ (i'm not really sure what my winrate will end up at) in a year of 40-hour weeks doesn't sound bad at all to me, even if it's kinda a grind.

It's a hard "job" mentally, but many people out there in the real world are doing much harder jobs and making much less...

It's not like I have to do this for the rest of my life, either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for the actual progress, I have been going a little back and forth on what my plan is, but I think this is how I'm doing it:

Playing poker 44 hour per week in 45-46 of the weeks in 2007, and taking vacations for 6-7 weeks.

So far, I'm ahead of schedule [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The hardest part of all this grinding is to play well when you force yourself to play even if you've run bad for a while.

I probably lost $2000 this week because of bad play, alone - which is pretty inexcusable, but I'm aware of it, and I'm working on improving my game. I think I'll do less mistakes in the next week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

That's what I'm doing in 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can pull that off dude, that's awesome. But I don't think you realize that playing that much is gonna burn you out. I predict you'll be making a long post in the psychology forum in about 5-6 months saying that you're totally sick of poker and would rather scoop out you're eyeballs with a spork than play another hand.

Good luck, though. What games/limits are you playing?
Old 01-06-2007, 02:13 PM

I'd take the under on that 6 months.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Well, I agree that it will be tough, but I think I can do it. I'm pretty disappointed if I can't...

The only realistic reason for me to give up on this project (unless it turns out I'm a bigger wimp than I think I am) is if my winrate is lower than 1 PTBB/100 after a couple of hundred thousand hands.

The stakes I will be playing is nl200 to nl600.

In terms of vpps per hour, the difference between nl200 and nl600 is actually not much, and since I'm a huge donk it's quite possible that I'm staying on the nl200 level for a while.

I'm properly rolled for nl600, but psychologically I don't want to deal with the better players and the swings at that level right now, maybe later in the year I'll do it.

If it turns out I'm winning at what equals less than 1 PTBB/100 at the nl200 level, I probably give up the project though, and make a new strategy, though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(In that case I'll probably go back to fewer tables, and slightly higher stakes on slightly fishier sites that I have a decent winning history on)

I'd be willing to set up a prop bet that I can play at least 1.5 million hands in 2007, and reach sn elite status, if it weren't for all the hassle of setting it up, and that locking the money for a year at some 3rd party probably wouldn't make the deal very attractive for any of us.

It's definitely possible that it will get more draining than I can imagine, though. I'll let you know how it goes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw those supernova freerolls are actually pretty cool. I've played 4 of them now, monied in 3 for a total profit of $3300 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (/end brag)
Old 01-06-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I agree that it will be tough, but I think I can do it. I'm pretty disappointed if I can't...

The only realistic reason for me to give up on this project (unless it turns out I'm a bigger wimp than I think I am) is if my winrate is lower than 1 PTBB/100 after a couple of hundred thousand hands.

The stakes I will be playing is nl200 to nl600.

In terms of vpps per hour, the difference between nl200 and nl600 is actually not much, and since I'm a huge donk it's quite possible that I'm staying on the nl200 level for a while.

I'm properly rolled for nl600, but psychologically I don't want to deal with the better players and the swings at that level right now, maybe later in the year I'll do it.

If it turns out I'm winning at what equals less than 1 PTBB/100 at the nl200 level, I probably give up the project though, and make a new strategy, though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(In that case I'll probably go back to fewer tables, and slightly higher stakes on slightly fishier sites that I have a decent winning history on)

I'd be willing to set up a prop bet that I can play at least 1.5 million hands in 2007, and reach sn elite status, if it weren't for all the hassle of setting it up, and that locking the money for a year at some 3rd party probably wouldn't make the deal very attractive for any of us.

It's definitely possible that it will get more draining than I can imagine, though. I'll let you know how it goes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw those supernova freerolls are actually pretty cool. I've played 4 of them now, monied in 3 for a total profit of $3300 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (/end brag)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 40 hours per week, 12 tabling is doable...I'm working around 75 hours per week (when you count driving, preparing for work), which I would say is harder than 40 hours 12 tabling...

In terms of total time out of your day, it's 8 hours, where and 8 to 5 (40hr per week) is about 10 hours...I know the 8 to 5 is less stressful per hour, but is it really 20% less stressful? And should be compared to a job of equivalent wage, not fast food, for those of you who have never 'worked'.

And yes, I've 12 tabled NL$100...not very good at it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], but 9 is not too bad at all.

Lastly, I believe the numbers have rebounded since the ban...but I'm sure the player base is better or more bot composed.

If you broke even after all of those hours, you would be receiving nearly $50/hr from Stars hook ups alone (if it took you all year). Most jobs that earn you $100k per year for 40hr /wk require an 8 yr degree and $100k+ debt.

Oh yea, I forgot, all poker pros are ridiculously full of it and would make $100k / yr with or without poker (DS, checkmate!) [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Nah, they are just not taking full advantage of the temporarily good life that will eventually be destroyed by bots.

All love,
iH8poker
Old 01-06-2007, 09:57 PM

i got 49,951 so far how am i doing?????? sidebets......only down 70 k so far in doing it
Old 01-06-2007, 11:53 PM

little update:

i just woke up, so im going to start my hands for the 6th soon.

so far i have about 34k hands in, with 19k vpps for the new year.