Hero (948 in chips)
MP5 (1000 in chips)
CO (630 in chips)
Button (690 in chips)
SB (1217 in chips)

SB posts small blind 7
BB posts big blind 15

----- HOLE CARDS -----
Hero T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG: calls 15, MP1 calls 15, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls 15, MP5 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls 8, BB checks

----- FLOP ----- 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks
BB checks
UTG checks
MP1 checks
Hero checks

My thinking was that it would be best to hope a big card hits on the turn so someone might get excited.

----- TURN -----7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks
BB checks
UTG checks
MP1 checks
Hero bets 90

4 folds

I suppose that sometimes you have all the cards and you are never going to get any action no matter what you do. The flop is as dry as a bone, hard to imagine anyone drawing to anything. But should I have bet the flop? Having waited for the turn should I have waited for the river?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: $6.50. Bet this flop??

If you check the flop, you must bet the turn. If an 8 or 9 hits on the river, someone may have made a straight. Make them pay for a card. Sometimes no one has anything and you won't get money out of them whatever you do.

I'd personally bet the flop, even if it is a min bet. Build the pot early
Old 01-06-2007, 06:20 PM

1/2 pot the flop. sometimes they all fold...it happens. but 5 to the flop here, you'll get a call or two more often than not. waiting for 'excitement' on the turn is a mistake. for one thing folks are MUCH more willing to call a modest lead with two cards to come, than they would be on the turn. you're also losing value even if we do pick up some interest on the turn...simply because of how small the pot is. a t40 caller on the flop (1 caller, turn pot now = 155), may now be more willing to spew of 100 chips chasing a draw he may have picked up. of course the most obvious problem is simply the giving of infinite odds for this free turn. WAY dangerous endeavor with 5 to the flop. a very easy scenario for a major 'unforced error'.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:20 PM

IMO you have to bet this flop (1/2 the pot). As stated already, with 5 players in the hand you have a better chance of getting a call w/ 2 cards to go. I also think that with five of you in the hand for cheap, it is not out of the question that someone is in with junk like 98,45,etc. If that was the case, that 7 on the turn could spell trouble for you. Plus you establish the fact that you at least may have something, which will slow any villain down if they happen to like the turn (7). Basically it is hard to slow roll a set with 5 players in the hand.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:23 PM

Yep bet all our strong hands for value. 5 to the flop you should get action like 80% of the time. If you don't, then fair enough nothing you can do. 1/2 ~ 3/4 of the pot is good. You wanna bet to build a pot and to be playing for stacks.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:54 PM

I agree with bet the flop (1/2 pot), but for a different reason. With this many people calling, it is quite possible that there are 1,2 or 3 that are in with Ax or high cards. With a flop like this, they may not only be willing to stay for a small bet on the flop to see the turn, but if they do happen to hit an A or K on the turn, THEN the excitement you are looking for may really happen. At this level, people get VERY excited when they hit TP any kicker on the turn (they often get in their heads that they are going to give someone a bad beat) and it is not uncommon that you will be able to stack 1 or 2 players. In my experience, people at this level don't know how to put on the brakes when they think they have stumbled onto the best hand, even if the evidence strongly tells them diferent.

Fammy
Old 01-06-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2 pot the flop. sometimes they all fold...it happens. but 5 to the flop here, you'll get a call or two more often than not. waiting for 'excitement' on the turn is a mistake. for one thing folks are MUCH more willing to call a modest lead with two cards to come, than they would be on the turn. you're also losing value even if we do pick up some interest on the turn...simply because of how small the pot is. a t40 caller on the flop (1 caller, turn pot now = 155), may now be more willing to spew of 100 chips chasing a draw he may have picked up. of course the most obvious problem is simply the giving of infinite odds for this free turn. WAY dangerous endeavor with 5 to the flop. a very easy scenario for a major 'unforced error'.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Damn thats wise.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Against weak oppononets, don't try to trap very much. Value bet because the trademark of weak opponents is calling too much.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:11 PM

I always bet this flop, especially with so many players in, 1/2 pot it.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 PM

i would bet, but I dont think a check is that bad by any means. The board is so damn safe.