Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: % of your income from HLH?
Less than 10% 14 16.47%
10%-20 2 2.35%
21-50 15 17.65%
51-80 13 15.29%
80-99 13 15.29%
100 28 32.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Full TIlt account frozen, stolen from genuine player.

[ QUOTE ]
If batmanalan agreed to be part of a scam, involving chip dumping on his account, one might expect that before the dumb, he would make a huge cash out, so in case he got busted, he would not lose all of his money; we're talking about almost 9K here!
I may be overlooking something here, but it seems to me that batmanalan has to be either guilty and completely bonkers, or innocent...

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, I just hope you guys look closely at who you play, especially if you like heads up. But there s no way to know if someone is playing straight. So i guess don't win too much money off of one person? Odd tight rope you have to walk between winning and not winning too much. And clearly I would have cashed out before...if i were to do something that would risk that money I would cash it out.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If batmalan is innocent and is as retarded as he seems, he probably believes his "friend's" story that it was "all an honest mistake". He hasn't struck me as being someone with extraordinary intelligence or reasoning skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan State University -- preparing tomorrow's leaders today.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 PM

I'm just astonished that you let them cash out any of their money once you have caught them red handed scamming...fraudulent use of an account should simply forfeit all the money in that account - otherwise the cheats know they 'can't lose even if they get found out.

This is why (for the only time in history) I far preferred Party's response to Stars' over the ZeeJustin situation.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just astonished that you let them cash out any of their money once you have caught them red handed scamming...fraudulent use of an account should simply forfeit all the money in that account - otherwise the cheats know they 'can't lose even if they get found out.

This is why (for the only time in history) I far preferred Party's response to Stars' over the ZeeJustin situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't just make up your own legal system.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:31 PM

LOL - but you can make up your own contract - just stick a forfeiture clause for breach of TOS in the TOS itself (which I'm pretty sure all sites have anyway)and the player is screwed even if he can manage to sue
Old 01-06-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL - but you can make up your own contract - just stick a forfeiture clause for breach of TOS in the TOS itself (which I'm pretty sure all sites have anyway)and the player is screwed even if he can manage to sue

[/ QUOTE ]
If I sign a contract that you may kill me - does that make it legal for you to do so?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't really lose the money that FTP is keeping. It should have never been yours in the first place. You were either part of the scam, or you were the unwitting ecipient of a scammer's money while he was perpetuating the scam. You didn't win the money by playing solid poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was innocent (which doesn't seem likely) then FTP can't confiscate any money from him. It's absurd to expect players to be careful when they win from some very lousy players. That what we all are very happy to do.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how everybody thinks contract language is final. Anything in any contract can be challenged in court. You can't just put a forfeiture clause in, and assume it will hold up in court. The scary thing about a forfeiture clause in this case is that we'd have no court or any sort of recourse if they decided to just take it. That's why I'm 100% against the sites having (and excercising) the power to just 100% seize all funds whenever they feel like it. If I thought they would (I already know they could) do it on a regular basis, I'd be much less likely to play online poker.

They are certainly within their rights to suspect him strongly of cheating, confiscate the ill-gotten funds, and close his account and no longer welcome him. But they aren't allowed to just take all his money. Even if it were in the contract.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't really lose the money that FTP is keeping. It should have never been yours in the first place. You were either part of the scam, or you were the unwitting ecipient of a scammer's money while he was perpetuating the scam. You didn't win the money by playing solid poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was innocent (which doesn't seem likely) then FTP can't confiscate any money from him. It's absurd to expect players to be careful when they win from some very lousy players. That what we all are very happy to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you, i want all of my money. But it felt good to get something.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 PM

My unsubstianted gut feeling:
Batmanalan is usually honest. One day his friend contacts him and proposes a chip dump (for reason like i.e. "my mom can't know"). Batmanalan doesn't think of the fraud possibility. Batmanalan does not actually pay his friend, he plans to do that when the cash out has been processed. FTP finds out. Batmanalan gets worked up, since he feels innocent, but can't really say he knew it was a chip dump and feels he should keep his own money. FTP takes only his friend's money which he thus does not have to pay him. Batmanalan realizes he was stupid and is very happy he did not lose a dime.