Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Lets look at this one from a different angle......

Dont usually post on this forum, but thought Id go for and unusual one for my first post here.

What I want to know for the following hand is, for the player concerned, what is his folding range? ie. what hands can he fold in this position (assuming he has a hand worth thinking about).

Ok lets go to the hand. B&M live cash game, we're 9 handed and its a table of death. Good tight aggresive players all around here.

Pot limit £25-£50 buy in game, £1/£1 blinds

All but one player (MP1) limp to see the flop and the blinds check.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot £8)

The small blind checks and the big blind leads out for £5, 5 calls (pot £38) followed by the button raising the pot, (Pot £86) with 52 sitting behind (covering anyone else at the table). SB folds, BB then goes all in for another £20 (Pot £149) on top of the previous raise. At this point the button player organises the appropriate chips and looks like he is DEFINITELY calling anything. 4 folds.

Right, your the player to act next. You were in the seat before the cutoff pre flop and have only called so far. You have only been at the table 10 minutes so may not have pegged EVERYONE as TAG (like you should of on this table!!) and likewise noone has pegged you for anything. Its £63 for a flat call, you have £80 in total at the point of this decision, so its certain that its all your chips or fold time. Big decision. What range of hands (that you would actually have to think about of course) can you justify folding here?

I know its an unorthodox way to analyse a hand and sorry about the description nature of it due to it being live. Oh and if anyone notices problems with the maths, just let me know

Thanks in advance

AC
Old 01-06-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Lets look at this one from a different angle......

dude, I might/prob would fold 66 to this action online....in any case, fold anything less than top 2.