Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Another UB horror story

Had 51k on my UB account last week. Requested a 45k cashout since i prolly wont be playing ub much anymore (planning to try and reach supernova elite before the end of the year on stars), and need liquid money right now for a downpayment. Received no acknowledgement of my cashout request whatsoever by email, just 45,000$ stuck in "pending withdrawals" section of cashier. 2 days later, i can't even log in anymore. I get an error message to the effect of "invalid user name" or something when i try. when i try to sit at a seat on a table, the message i get is "Your account has been disabled. contact customer support for more details".

hmm, sounds exactly like what happened to good2cu a month ago -> http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

No replies to my persistent "WTF IS GOING ON"(or to that effect) emails yet.. their claim on the website that "all emails will be answered within 24 hours" is clearly bogus.

Needless to say i'm extremely freaked out about the possibility of 51k$ that belong to me being unjustly stolen by a poker operator. It's especially disgusting that this almost seems to be a routine thing that UB do. not only good2cu but i saw on Cardrunners forums the exact same thing happened in the last month to samd20 and some other guy. No explanation whatsoever, no attempt by ub to contact me, just straight up disabling of access to my account for absolutely no possible reason whatsoever. I've done nothing wrong.

This is pretty distressing and I'm actually kind of losing sleep over it. Although I was relieved to read it was finally resolved for good2cu, i fear it may not be resolved for me in time. I just bought a new apartment in London and a downpayment for the mortgage is due in the next couple of weeks. I needed my ub money to go towards part of the downpayment and if i dont have it in time its going to be potentially extremely convenient to say the least, im probably going to have to borrow the money from family who im pretty sure dont have that amount liquid and its going to cost them in penalties for liquidating funds held in illiquid places that are not supposed to be moved until a set period of time. what can i say, i cant believe ub are doing [censored] like this, this is serious [censored] [censored].

Good2cu and anyone else this may have happened to, how long did it take before their "investigation" or whatever the [censored] theyre calling it was done and you got your money?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Another UB horror story

screenname?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:02 AM

on ub? DrunkFish
Old 01-06-2007, 12:20 AM

If UB is fishing, it pays to fish in the bigger accounts. Why audit someone with a $200 cashout when they hit the jackpot if they can screw you on some technicality.

Maybe structure your withdrawls. I remember I won a $2500 tourney on a totally bogus account and I took it out very slowly.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Wow. Keep us posted.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:20 AM

wow. gl ket :/
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM

didnt good2cu have it sorted out through an affiliate or something in the end? can't remember what happened but it might be worth speaking to him and seeing if you can't chase it down the same channels.

Nonetheless, good luck. I withdrew all my cash from UB (without probs, thankfully, and it was only like 5k or something), and definately am never going to play there again.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:32 AM

stigmata why not? because of what happened to the OP and good2cu?
Old 01-06-2007, 05:02 PM

You know, I'm kind of suspicious on whether they can actually honor those cashouts or not.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stigmata why not? because of what happened to the OP and good2cu?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a few of these posts recently, where UB confiscated funds without reason. Also there was a [censored] up a while ago where money temporarily dissapeared from many accounts. And they also [censored] up the hand histories. And there are rumours that the microlimits are bot infested. And they have the worst support in the industry. And the game selection at mid/high is pretty crap now.

I could go on....

I would urge people to slowly withdraw their funds in small cashouts of a few thousand each.