Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: January. (#5 of 5.)

[ QUOTE ]
Happy New Year 2+2'ers!

I think the platform is very stable lately. Any comments or questions moving forward?

Fred Balfour
General Manager
WSEX.com

[/ QUOTE ]

WPEX has gone further into the tank.

(222 player a day average for 7 days.)

Face it, you are not building up the numbers without multi tablers.

Please consider PH Hud and more tables...

Otherwise it will keep going the way it is, you have had more than half a year, and only a drop in traffic.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 AM

Personally, I think 5% to a WSEX account to encourage the player to do at least a little sports betting before taking his $ out or moving it back to WPEX, 5% to advertizing for WPEX to increase the player base, and 90% rakeback is a VERY good suggestion. In the long run this should help both WPEX/WSEX and the players.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 11:59 AM

wsex GM,

please make your FPPs worth something so we can all use them up, forget about your failed experiment, and move on with life.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Face it, you are not building up the numbers without multi tablers.

[/ QUOTE ]
This past week has actually been noticeably busier than the previous two weeks.

I fully expect that as the software and network stability of WPEX continue to improve, more people will enjoy playing there and numbers will grow.

I think the numbers bump this week is probably associated with word spreading that the worst issues have been dealt with.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Feature request:

When you click on an open seat, please have the software reserve that seat for you while you negotiate the buy-in screen. It's irritating when someone slips in ahead of you while you are buying in.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Feature request:

When you click on an open seat, please have the software reserve that seat for you while you negotiate the buy-in screen. It's irritating when someone slips in ahead of you while you are buying in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this is remarkably slow for some reason. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds just to get the buy-in window, and another 5 seconds to get seated. Very annoying.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If we assume WSEx wins, say, 10% of the total amount bet on sports, on average, then, imo, this is where they could do some sort of deal with poker affiliates, who obviously aren't going to send players to them at the moment as the affiliates will receive no payment for their marketing efforts.

If WSEx paid, say, 1% of all monies sports bet by their introduced players to the respective poker affiliates, this would encourage the affiliates to actively promote WSEx, immediately solving the marketing problem of attracting new players and thereby leading to both far more poker players on site, plus far more sports bet profit for WSEx for absolutely no prepaid outlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting the affiliates involved is one of the best ideas I've heard to recruit. I also strongly support the idea of beginner tables. We not only need to recruit, but retain.

Another idea concerning the 90 percent idea proposed is that the additional 10 percent for Bonuses, Bad Beat Jackpots etc.. these are the type of promotions that might attract a wider range of customers.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Hmm. thanks for that - I will check the sports book more often and nearer the games then. I will also check out the sports betting forum next time I get the urge to have a punt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well of course 100% is better than 90% but not if it is a bunch of 2+2ers passing money around. I would happily give up 10% to get some fish in. I just would like to see some moeny go to marketing, and I don't expect them to do it for a free site.

[/ QUOTE ]

When no money is leaving the table it doesn't matter that much against whom you're playing. There are always strategy and skill adjustments which can be made. Winning is possible.

When you see raked games with VPIPs that now sometimes slide under 20%, that is incredibly hard for anyone at any skill level to beat, up to the lower end of the mid-limit tier.

Marketing avenues are somewhat limited for online sites. Spending money in that area will not neccessarily correlate to easier, looser games.

Its noble that so many players who don't play there think that the players who do should give up rakeback in the hope that the games get easier, but I'd just prefer the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat WSX. Due to some 30/60 stupidness on stars I'm currently beating the .50/1 but I have at least 20k hands at every limit up to 10/20 on there as a 1bb/100+ winner. The problem is that the games are hard, and I am not always mentally up for beating them. Does anyone else agree with me that 90% rakeback with fishy players is much much better than 100% with pretty tough players? I would love to see some money going towards recruiting some weak players. There is a reason that most of the winning players on here have chosen to play somewhere else for 30% rakeback or whatever. It is cuz they make more money. Even if all they did was take some of the rake money to pay for printing up flyers for us to distribute at colleges etc...that would be quite a good start.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Feature request:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this is remarkably slow for some reason. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds just to get the buy-in window, and another 5 seconds to get seated. Very annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be a show stopper for me. (amongst others).

That is SUPER ANNOYING. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
T
Closed Thread