Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Whatever happened to John Murphy?

[ QUOTE ]
"Being on TV does not make you a good player."

Stop spreading lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows it takes at least two solid years of grinding before you get promoted to TV Poker.

Also, I think it's crazy that he only got 275K for 13th place ME finish just a couple years ago. Those tournies were so small back then.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 AM

i saw him on the PPT last year i forget what stop it was.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:13 AM

i played 60/120 hu limit w/ him at commerce over the summer. i gave him a couple beats and he started spewing like a monkey. he was definitely a nice guy, though.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:06 AM

I always remember him from the hand where Arieh folds the flush, to the guys who might have played with hime at Chumash; I played there for a year off and on before they built the new facility (in the tent) and after up until the time they banned the dealers from playing (late 2005) etc, and I don't remember ever playing with him. Anyways did he play there a ton or sporadically? Live or tourneys? They didn't introduce 'live' NL there until 2004 I believe.

FWIW Chumash has produced some decent players, Bill Tesene used to play the weekly donkaments and won the 2001 Orleans Open for 90K,

Steve 'Country' Riehle, placed 8th at the WSOP ME that Carlos Mortenson won and after not playing a hand live for over year probably - won a $1500 buy in tournament last year @ Hollywood Park, Country actually took a job dealing (?) at Chumash shortly after the WSOP score (around 130K for 8th at that time) his story was actually aired on the TLC network in pre ESPN coverage of that year's WSOP.

Richard Grijalva (2+2's GotMilk) also from UCSB I've heard he used to play occasionally there and FT'ed the WPT championship in season 1 for 700,000 and change

another guy Luke, used to grind out the limit games and now basically lives at Commerce having built his roll starting at 4-8 LHE to now playing 40-80 and 1-2 LHE, and is an excellent player

in online tournament circles Tmay420 has been ranked P5's #1 player and has a sick DB @ pokerdb.com for all sites Stars/UB/Paradise/FTP, and also started out playing at Chumash

as well as anotheert onliner SBRounder who used to play at Chumash all the time and has Ft'ed the Sunday Million for 75K in a deal as well as getting 2nd losing w/ AQ vs AT @ Chumash's own 350K guaranteed $530 buy in (100K overlay, thank you very much - brag/beat: got 12th) tourney last August for 50K - they guy who won it for 100K- Nima has been playing there forever and also goes to UCSB

didn't mean to go all off but it got me thinking about some of the guys who used to play there - Damn and I even forgot Jeff Madsen -wtf maybe the rake was soooo high at Chumash it forced these guys to become great players
Old 01-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i used to play the donkaments at chumash and a little bit of like 3/6-6/12 when i was a freshman. this would have been like 2002.

rj
Old 01-05-2007, 03:12 PM

I remember seeing in Cardplayer he had a few decent cashes in 5k and below tournaments around LA after his ME run including a win in a 5k event. That was like over a year ago though.

he was on TV again for a short 10 sec clip at a club while they were doing a segment on Jean Robert Bellande's jobs outside of poker, apparently they are acquaintances.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:02 AM

yeah i saw him there alot
Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always remember him from the hand where Arieh folds the flush, to the guys who might have played with hime at Chumash; I played there for a year off and on before they built the new facility (in the tent) and after up until the time they banned the dealers from playing (late 2005) etc, and I don't remember ever playing with him. Anyways did he play there a ton or sporadically? Live or tourneys? They didn't introduce 'live' NL there until 2004 I believe.

FWIW Chumash has produced some decent players, Bill Tesene used to play the weekly donkaments and won the 2001 Orleans Open for 90K,

Steve 'Country' Riehle, placed 8th at the WSOP ME that Carlos Mortenson won and after not playing a hand live for over year probably - won a $1500 buy in tournament last year @ Hollywood Park, Country actually took a job dealing (?) at Chumash shortly after the WSOP score (around 130K for 8th at that time) his story was actually aired on the TLC network in pre ESPN coverage of that year's WSOP.

Richard Grijalva (2+2's GotMilk) also from UCSB I've heard he used to play occasionally there and FT'ed the WPT championship in season 1 for 700,000 and change

another guy Luke, used to grind out the limit games and now basically lives at Commerce having built his roll starting at 4-8 LHE to now playing 40-80 and 1-2 LHE, and is an excellent player

in online tournament circles Tmay420 has been ranked P5's #1 player and has a sick DB @ pokerdb.com for all sites Stars/UB/Paradise/FTP, and also started out playing at Chumash

as well as anotheert onliner SBRounder who used to play at Chumash all the time and has Ft'ed the Sunday Million for 75K in a deal as well as getting 2nd losing w/ AQ vs AT @ Chumash's own 350K guaranteed $530 buy in (100K overlay, thank you very much - brag/beat: got 12th) tourney last August for 50K - they guy who won it for 100K- Nima has been playing there forever and also goes to UCSB

didn't mean to go all off but it got me thinking about some of the guys who used to play there - Damn and I even forgot Jeff Madsen -wtf maybe the rake was soooo high at Chumash it forced these guys to become great players

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play at chumash 4 or 5 nights a week :-)

Rake was bad, but it wasn't worse than commerce or bike. Did it go up?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You left me off the list. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2007, 09:56 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

yeah, how do you leave the mighty poker god pittm off the list?

rj