Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Default 25NL floating the turn

okay, so obv villain has QQ or KK and i watched him make a few big laydowns before so i thought i'd experiment and try floating him. turn couldn't have come better...bad idea?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: $36.50
UTG+1: $12.90
CO: $90.85
Button: $34.95
SB: $25.75
BB: $4

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.35, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1</font>, hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.35, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $5</font>.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 25NL floating the turn

Alot of people that suck at poker make flop bets like this when they are on a flush draw. I'm guessing he's milking you on the turn and pushed back at you.

I don't mind calling the flop but when he bets the turn he's probably got a good idea you're calling. It's up to you to figure out what this means.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:30 AM

i get called here a lot.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 AM

sorry, i should've added that btn is pretty solid and tight, hasn't made any crazy moves or anything.

and contrary to minnesota's logic, i see this a lot with a scared KK or QQ with an ace-high flop. i rarely see flush draws bet like this at uNL. would a tight player 3bet me with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

anyways, not to be results oriented because out of the 100 times this situation happens, i'd probably follow my line again 90%. he laid it down after tanking for about 10 seconds and said he was mucking KK.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 AM

this isnt a float.

i actually dont mind your line as much, your repping a flush and can probably get better hands to fold alot. his bet size screams weakness too. i would c/r turn a bit larger though. and how can villan obv have QQ/KK ? "".
Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, i should've added that btn is pretty solid and tight, hasn't made any crazy moves or anything.

and contrary to minnesota's logic, i see this a lot with a scared KK or QQ with an ace-high flop. i rarely see flush draws bet like this at uNL. would a tight player 3bet me with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?

anyways, not to be results oriented because out of the 100 times this situation happens, i'd probably follow my line again 90%. he laid it down after tanking for about 10 seconds and said he was mucking KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh the 3-bet I didn't notice that. Button being solid and tight makes a difference. Against loose bad players they often blind themselves to the ace on the flop and call you down no matter what with KK.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this isnt a float.

and how can villan obv have QQ/KK ? "".

[/ QUOTE ]rofl, what's floating then? i thought it was making a thin/marginal call flop to steal later in the hand? guess not.

and what else is a tight player 3betting me pf with? i mean, this guy was playing strict ABC poker after about 300 hands. obv AA is pushing so i fold, but i wanted to mess around and see if i could get him to fold his high PP.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:49 AM

eh, i wouldnt just narrow his range purely to QQ/KK.

floating is calling in position with the intention of taking it away on later streets. so i guess yours is sortve an OOP float lol. and i do think that your line will get many better hands to fold, but i would generally c/r a bit larger.