Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Netflix and I broke up.

FWIW, I did blockbuster from about Oct-05 to Mar-06 or so. At that time they gave you 2 coupons for free in store rentals a month. I quit for a few reasons:
1) the speed of the mail service was mediocre, resulting in not as many rentals/month as I had hoped for.
2) I received broken or scratched disks a number of occassions. Once, I got a cracked disk, sent it back, and the replacement took forever. When it finally did, it was the same exact cracked disk.
3) The customer service is non-existent. Emails & complaint forms went unanswered.
4) Some titles never make it out of your queue. Don't bother trying to get a new release right away.

Maybe I just had a bad experience. It was decent at first, made it through Sopranos, 24, and had movies on hand. But in the end I wasn't too satisfied. Your results may vary.

One trick though: if you try to cancel after a little while, they will offer you a price break.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I did blockbuster from about Oct-05 to Mar-06 or so. At that time they gave you 2 coupons for free in store rentals a month. I quit for a few reasons:
1) the speed of the mail service was mediocre, resulting in not as many rentals/month as I had hoped for.
2) I received broken or scratched disks a number of occassions. Once, I got a cracked disk, sent it back, and the replacement took forever. When it finally did, it was the same exact cracked disk.
3) The customer service is non-existent. Emails & complaint forms went unanswered.
4) Some titles never make it out of your queue. Don't bother trying to get a new release right away.

Maybe I just had a bad experience. It was decent at first, made it through Sopranos, 24, and had movies on hand. But in the end I wasn't too satisfied. Your results may vary.

One trick though: if you try to cancel after a little while, they will offer you a price break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had Blockbuster online for a little over a month now. I'm about ready to go back to Netflix. I have had 7 Samurai as #1 on my queue since I first opened the account and it still hasn't been sent. I called them and they said sometimes it takes a while if it's not in stock in my local mail distribution center. Fine, I was expecting no more than a week, but this is getting ridiculous.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Blockbuster is like the Arby's of video stores.
I see them everywhere, but I don't know anyone who goes there.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:58 PM

If you have a Family Video in your area, mostly Midwest and east through to the Atlantic, it's really your best option. I'm in Maryland currently and the closest is a Lackbuster. The only thing they are good for is buying used DVD's, but that selection never changes so it's really only good once or twice.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:08 PM

It changes every sunday. And then again small changes on Tuesday.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:53 PM

I had one movie in my queue for literally more than half a year. The only way I got it was by quitting for a few months and rejoining later.