Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: % of your income from HLH?
Less than 10% 14 16.47%
10%-20 2 2.35%
21-50 15 17.65%
51-80 13 15.29%
80-99 13 15.29%
100 28 32.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Full TIlt account frozen, stolen from genuine player.

well, i am....dont know what to tell you.

...nor do i need to tell you
Old 01-05-2007, 08:45 PM

THIS IS <u>NOT</u> LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER, AND AM NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW.

1. In reality you're probably fine. Sections 1956 and 1957 (the money laundering statutes) both have a "knowingly" state of mind element that the government would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

2. Willful blindness can satisfy this element of the crime.

3. It seems like there is clearly reasonable doubt as to whether or not you knew the funds were the proceeds of criminal activity.

4. Willful blindness might be an issue, and it's basically what some people have accused you of on here. But, still, it's unlikely that you're in any real trouble. You'd be what a federal prosecutor would call a "small fish."

THIS IS <u>NOT</u> LEGAL ADVICE. I AM NOT A LAWYER, AND AM NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why does he need to hide the origin of his money? it doesnt make sense? I played a guy online, I'm a victim to situation, and wasn't participating in anything unethical, or wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's clearly not the way FT sees it. Yet you're fine with that. As a matter of fact, you even complimented FT on the way they handled it.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah right buddy. I dont play his hand for him, and secondly, i dont have a hand in his finances or know his account balance. Its not my responsibility to make sure the people I play are legit, and am unable to do that with the resources I have. Its fulltilts responsibility to not let these scammers ruin it for the rest of us. It eats into their profits, making htem charge us more in rake. Think what you want, I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it's FT's responsibility to "not let these scammers ruin it for the rest of us", and you're the victim. Yet you compliment FT on the way they have handled this - they have said you are DIRECTLY involved in the fraud AND they are going to keep several thousand dollars of "your" money. Do you really not see why your credibility is being questioned? Really??

BTW, if you don't care what we think, why are you still here? You apparently got what you wanted from FT, and are quite happy with the way they handled it...isn't your work done here?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Well, i am not directly involved in anything. I am upset about the several thousand, but i can see their side of the coin too. I certainly see why my credibility is questioned, and have mentioned that many times.

lastly, i do not care what you think. but i am apart of the poker community, have been for a very long time. Something is more than nothing.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Dude, if those HHs don't make it completely obvious to you that someone was doing something weird then you're either lying or willfully oblivious. Nobody plays that bad at $3/$6 NL.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:00 PM

what histories they didnt send were the ones where he was right...it was a wild game...but he certainly was a very volatile person to play
Old 01-05-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think the customer should be apprised of this instead of being left in the dark for possibly months. Can't you drop them a note saying something like:

"We have completed our portion of the investigation and have determined that you participated in collusive play. See attached evidence. We are now going to wait for the chargeback to come in, which could take up to two months. If there is fraud involved in these activities your funds will be confiscated and you will be reported to the authorities. If after 8 weeks there is no chargeback we will release your funds via your preferred withdrawn method, then close your account permanently for violating the site's Terms &amp; Conditions."

Or something like that with the appropriate details.

It seems to me a whole lot of the Sturm und Drang of these "FTP stole my monies" ordeals could be avoided if you just let people know what you were doing and how long it might possibly take.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post, KurtSF.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think the customer should be apprised of this instead of being left in the dark for possibly months. Can't you drop them a note saying something like:

"We have completed our portion of the investigation and have determined that you participated in collusive play. See attached evidence. We are now going to wait for the chargeback to come in, which could take up to two months. If there is fraud involved in these activities your funds will be confiscated and you will be reported to the authorities. If after 8 weeks there is no chargeback we will release your funds via your preferred withdrawn method, then close your account permanently for violating the site's Terms &amp; Conditions."

Or something like that with the appropriate details.

It seems to me a whole lot of the Sturm und Drang of these "FTP stole my monies" ordeals could be avoided if you just let people know what you were doing and how long it might possibly take.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post, KurtSF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have missed some, but the only time I've seen FTP take an extremely long time to conclude these investigations is when the party bitchin' about it is in actuality a friggin' cheat. I can't believe that they gave him back any of his money and am sorely disappointed that they did.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:19 PM

I just read the entire thread for the first time and let me say that I was STUNNED by the number of people willing to believe the OP 100% right off the bat even to the point of leaving Full Tilt.

I think this should be a CLEAR example of why Full Tilt is doing exactly what they should be. Credit card chargebacks take a long time and disclosing what they look for in investigations is clearly a bad idea. Full Tilt should be commended for how they dealt with this (including giving back the 'clean' money). FTPSean and FTPDoug are just two examples of why Full Tilt clearly cares about its business and customers.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:27 AM

Question to FTPSean:

If you can, could you tell us why you refunded any of his money? Are you required or was it optional on your part?
Is there any chance that criminal changes could be placed?

I must say I am disappointed with FT for rewarding the crooks.

Thanks in advance