Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Flopping a set on suited flop

Well..........enough with the suspense!
Did you win the freaking hand?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Flopping a set on suited flop

I had put opener on AK, probably with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] before I made my move, and when he called my all-in and turned over his hand, it was A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I thought that I was about a 2:1 favorite if that was what he had. The turn and river were both diamonds, and I was badly hurt, but not busted. I managed to muddle through and make the final table, but was so shortstacked that I had to make a stand late with KJo and finished 3 off the money.

It's not about the result for me though. I'm still new enough to tournament poker and ignorant enough that I know I have a lot to learn, and I was just hoping some experienced better players could help me understand both whether it was a good theoretical play, and even more important, what their reasoning was. I want to learn to think like a good player. Reading books has helped, and discovering this site recently has too. But too often, even though I know I should think every decision through, I act overly quickly at the table, reacting rather than reasoning. I know that if I want to grow as a player that I need to stop doing that, and I need to understand what strong players think about when making decisions at the table.

Thanks to all who have posted. Good luck.