Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Default 25NL - 2 Pair Facing AI on River

Villian was 50/0/3 over only 11 hands. The only reason I'm considering a call here is because I think the Villian may see my turn check and think I whiffed on the flop and am now giving up on the hand. If he thinks this he could move AI with almost any hand on the river and have plenty of fold equity. That being said I really don't have a good read on him yet. So would you guys fold or call? My stack was $25 before the hand. Thanks.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.25</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($7.6, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $10.45</font>, Hero ??????
Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 25NL - 2 Pair Facing AI on River

I fold here. What you said is true but I dont think I am winning this 30 percent of the time.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: 25NL - 2 Pair Facing AI on River

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I'm considering a call here is because I think the Villian may see my turn check and think I whiffed on the flop and am now giving up on the hand. If he thinks this he could move AI with almost any hand on the river and have plenty of fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he made an all-in bet because if he checks, he probably won't win a showdown, so betting is his only way out. Aggro donks will usually bet all-in first on the river because only a made hand can call. Based off the board and betting, it seems like you would have AJ at best. Villain only had $10.45 left, and any smaller bet he probably figures you'd reraise him all in. His all-in move was his only chance to win the pot with FE. Am I a donk for calling? I do not put him on a flush, at best 78,89 or 9T. I can't see him having any type of 2pair except 67, the rest don't make sense for calling a raise.

Please let me know if I am mistaken or if you see a flaw in my reasoning. Thanks.