Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: another girlfriend problem: i got her a bobblehead for her birthda

[ QUOTE ]
a bobblehead of yourself would have been more thoughtful

[/ QUOTE ]

a bobblehead of yourself would have been better, for sure. my ex-boyfriend did this for me one year for xmas. he bought a bobblehead that kinda looked like him and had his friend paint it (changed the eye & hair color) to make it look more like him. it was really cute & i liked it a lot. but he also got me a stereo & a bunch of other stuff, so it's not like the bobblehead was my only present.

if he'd given me a bobblehead of myself, i'd have thought it was creepy.

edit: this is back when bobbleheads were first getting popular. he wanted a shaq one and he had a bunch of other baseball ones. i would always joke around saying, "i want a [his name] bobblehead!!" so, it's not like it was a random, unsolicited bobblehead.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

i gave my girlfriend this. some people might think its a weird christmas present, but she almost killed me with happiness. the bobblehead idea is terrible though, sorry.

rj
Old 01-05-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i gave my girlfriend this. some people might think its a weird christmas present, but she almost killed me with happiness. the bobblehead idea is terrible though, sorry.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE! "Ride her like a horse" is a figure of speech!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM

i can't find any place that will sell only 1 bobblehead that is a custom design. You need to order like 500.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM

They're bashing him because he has a history of making stupid posts. IMO, this one wasn't overly stupid, but nobody is giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As per the OP's question -- she might be disappointed because she was hoping for something a little more "personal" (and a bobblehead doesn't qualify as "personal", even if the bobblehead is of your gf). You should have also included some jewelry, or lingerie, or something, to go along with the bobblehead. A bobblehead is a "gag gift".

She wanted something romantic from you, and instead she got a bobblehead doll. She wanted something that told her where you guys stand in the relationship, and instead she got a bobblehead doll.

Or she might be close to breaking up with you, and feels guilty that you spent $100+ on her.

It's one or the other. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 06:25 PM

$113 on a bobblehead? You should have just waited till "bobblehead" night at a sports game and got one for free...same reaction, no price.

Clearly a bobblehead is a ridiculous gift and anyone with a thought in their head knows this. Have you maybe considered that her friends don't like you and knew that she would hate this lame gift and the results could be a way to break you two up. And if you showed it to your guy friends maybe they want to [censored] her and don't want you with her.

A bobblehead? Seriously? lol.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: another girlfriend problem: i got her a bobblehead for her birthday.

[ QUOTE ]
ok, here we go.

around the middle of november i was doing some brainstorming trying to think up a good gift to get my girlfriend. i was back at my parents' house visiting for thanksgiving and noticed a bobblehead of some baseball player on his desk. i immediately thought "AWESOME IDEA!"

if you recall, in one episode of The Office, Dwight gets a bobblehead of himself for valentines day and is extremely happy with it. i would imagine myself being happy with it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your problem right here. You should have kept brainstorming. Getting your girlfriend a bobblehead for Christmas is a horrible idea. I guess because Dwight from The Office liked his bobblehead you figured your girlfriend would too? That is just silly man, you must not have had too many serious girlfriends around the holidays.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:29 PM

i just told 5 other girls i know about it and they all said it was a great gift. you are for the most part dumb.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just told 5 other girls i know about it and they all said it was a great gift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming they weren't telling you what you wanted to hear (a bad assumption) this means it would have been a great gift for them. It obviously wasn't a great gift for your girlfriend. You don't get to decide what makes a kickass gift for her by yourself.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:31 PM

jesus, just saw that you spent +$100 on a bobble head doll..wtf man. what did you spend on your boyfriend?