Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Negreanu lumps Raymer w/ Moneymaker & Gold

That only takes account of my 2005 results in the 4000-8000 game while conviently leaving out the results of my 2000-4000 results as well as my results in the 4000-8000 game from previous years.

The reason I stopped playing in the game was 1) I was going on the road 2) Lost 1.3 million in one play which made me cash poor, and 3) Golf!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason I stopped playing in the game...... Lost 1.3 million in one play which made me cash poor,

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on this hand?
Old 01-05-2007, 05:33 PM

I am fine with the comments that were printed in the newspaper, but I was misquoted. I had a lot more to say than what was written. I said that when an unkown wins the WSOP ME, the general consensus is that he probably isn't a top player and got lucky. Joe plays like a pro, though, and his approach to the game is similar to that of the other top pros.

I never said the others sucked at all. I said that the general consensus is that they got lucky and can't really play. After winning the WSOP ME an unknown must struggle to prove themselves as a legit player, and Joe has done that not only with his results, but more importantly, with play.

This whole thing is so ridiculous it's unbelievable. I said something nice about Joe and people go nuts. No, I don't think it was innapropriate to lump Raymer in there with Moneymaker and Gold. I certainly wasn't going to put him in the same group as Hachem and Mortensen because I don't believe he's as good a player as they are. Shoot me.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly wasn't going to put him in the same group as Hachem and Mortensen because I don't believe he's as good a player as they are. Shoot me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very sincere and honest opinion, regardless of the obvious disagreements that people will have with said opinion on this board.

Also, Daniel mentioned that he lost over 1mil making a play in the "big game". Was this over the course of a session, or in one hand, as all the literature on the big game seems to say that there is a 100K cap on loss in any single hand.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Also, I must say that I am surprised that Greg has not posted in this thread yet. Just unaware of it, or intentionally avoiding it?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alan Goering is a small baller to the extreme pre-flop. He routinely raises the minimum on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard he went to the University of Wisconsin School.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The reason I stopped playing in the game...... Lost 1.3 million in one play which made me cash poor,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One play means one session, not one hand.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I certainly wasn't going to put him in the same group as Hachem and Mortensen because I don't believe he's as good a player as they are. Shoot me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like a very sincere and honest opinion, regardless of the obvious disagreements that people will have with said opinion on this board.

Also, Daniel mentioned that he lost over 1mil making a play in the "big game". Was this over the course of a session, or in one hand, as all the literature on the big game seems to say that there is a 100K cap on loss in any single hand.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Also, I must say that I am surprised that Greg has not posted in this thread yet. Just unaware of it, or intentionally avoiding it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Between these two posts, you are coming off as pretty oblivious. You pretty much answer your own question in the first, and GR HAS posted in this thread and been quoted several times.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said that the general consensus is that they got lucky and can't really play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your being dishonest about the "general consensus". Saying it's that someone got lucky is one thing, saying that they can't really play is another, and will naturally be taken as an insult.

The fact that Greg had as high a finish as he did the very next year would tend to affect the "general consensus", don't you think?

Your statement comes off more like, "in my circle, the general consensus is that they got lucky and can't really play". There's nothing ridiculous or unbelievable about the reaction you are getting at all. Most people will probably see a big difference between "not as good a player as Hachem" and "can't really play".
Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One play means one session, not one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care, I just want details.