Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: 25NL AA nut flush draw on flop

You still have 4 players to act behind you. I would want to isolate UTG since AA plays well against 1. Since UTG shows strength with PFR, if you don't raise big enough, you may bet callers behind you because of implied odds if they're holding SC or small PP. That's my reasoning for a bigger PFR.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You still have 4 players to act behind you. I would want to isolate UTG since AA plays well against 1. Since UTG shows strength with PFR, if you don't raise big enough, you may bet callers behind you because of implied odds if they're holding SC or small PP. That's my reasoning for a bigger PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're calling incorrectly, you WANT them to call. You want all 9 to call if they're calling without pot/implied odds.

You seem to want them to fold no matter what.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:06 PM

With AA, you don't want more than 2 players. Yes I want them all to fold, typically you want to go heads up with your AA. The more players in the hand, the more your chances of winning decreases.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With AA, you don't want more than 2 players. Yes I want them all to fold, typically you want to go heads up with your AA. The more players in the hand, the more your chances of winning decreases.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that raising to $4+ is best here..but is certainly not because you want less callers so that you have a higher % chance of winning...we would want all 5 other players to get allin with us if we could choose...

the point is that if we raise less, we are giving UTG and even maybe others correct odds to call us....

when they make correct plays, we lose...

since we are playing a game where there most common mistake is calling TOO MUCH, we want to raise enough that their calls are a mistake...