Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 12:42 AM

Default How bad is this hand?

CO has LAGTAG qualities.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: 10BB
Old 01-05-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: How bad is this hand?

Pretty bad I think. How about some checkage on the other streets?
I guess on the turn the pot might be big enough to take another stab once you're HU. Flop looks like a pretty clear check to me though.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 AM

All streets are debateable.

Flop: I can't justify the bet because we're acting out of position on the turn almost always. A 2 / A 6 / K 10 loves to see us bet this flop.

Turn: It's raise/fold time for villan and in a pot this big raising is probably the better option. For us, we'd play a pocket pair like this so a bet is fine and the pot is huge so HU our play is OK. We have reverse domination issues but I think calling the raise is OK.

River: I think a naked Ace probably checks this river so maybe calling is best getting 10:1.

Ranking streets for badness: River, flop, turn, with all streets being bad (but in a good way).

I'd play every single street opposite the way you did except for the turn once HU, the flop is bad, but upon reflection the river may be worse (AQ value betting?), but not as bad as you think.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:14 AM

*grunch*

Calling the turn raise is spew. What do you think he has at this point? Ace high beats you.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:57 AM

I wouldn't c-bet here against this many players. As played I think I fold the turn. The turn is a check/fold for me, he's never folding a better hand and you'll get played back at a lot.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:47 AM

Flop = Check
Turn = C/F
Old 01-05-2007, 08:15 AM

fold after turn raise biatch
Old 01-05-2007, 08:45 AM

On the turn he should know it's gonna be an expensive venture to fold out Ax since it has a wheel draw, and we could easily have a pocket pair or a hand like AJ/KJ, so I don't think he's outright bluffing. Looks like A5s, 33/44, a semibluff with a couple [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but alot of those you lose to and only have 5 outs against, and he's probably firing the river and we can't put 2 bets in IMO. Hearts would prolly raise the flop. In conclusion I'd fold the turn.

I wonder if those saying check/fold are influenced by the action? I don't expect to get raised much here unless he's the tard type who will freeshowdown Ax or something.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:48 AM

You messed this hand up..

Preflop is standard.

I would check the flop since you got 4 callers and are OOP. It is not for value and picking up the pot right away is out of the question. It's also not for a free turn check because you are OOP. Betting this flop is putting in money when you don't have the equity to do it. That's not really a good thing. So I would check and see what happens, pot is really big so I guess you could peel for 1 more SB.

As played I would also fire the turn because of the size of the pot, you have to try this to make him fold. Fold to the raise though, he's got you beat.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:14 PM

how many outs did u give urself on the turn. 4 i take it if u called. u may need more than that here though, I think implied odds are working against u or neutral as well since ur often reverse dominated AND oop.

When do u guys bet this flop, 1 less person? 2 less? if ur 2nd to last to act with the same # or one less? How about if u tack on a bdfd to his hand and vary the scenario.