Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: 6 max turn line

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's what I did. I thought about possibly check raising, but I figured this would make it too easy for a better flush draw to hang around, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends who you think is likely to bet...

I think check-raising is an option here. This kind of situation is excellent to vary the way you play huge draws on turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
demon judging from this and your post in the KKxx thread, you need to get more aggro. and fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

So in general do u think I am being to tight? Cuz hands like these I think are better off played aggressively in position. I would like to here a case to be made playing these weak hands oop. Maybe Im thinking they are to weak, I dont know school me.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:10 AM

I think the key is 6 max and the $10 table. I'm potting here too. Perhaps your strategy is more sound at full ring at a higher limit.

I do like the c/r if you think you have an aggro bettor behind.

Brad
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 AM

with more money I like checkraising here, you want to get it all in in whatever way you can, a worse hand isnt that likely to pay you off if a flush hits and some weak draws that would pay you off on the turn will only pay you when you split if you wait till the river, plus any wrap on this board is drawing very thin against your monster pair of 8's.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 AM

OK Lets break this down and show this is the ultimate weak tight advice ever

[ QUOTE ]
Id just complete preflop as played,

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a very nice hand and if he has half a brain (hopefully) he's going to profit

[ QUOTE ]
Id check here and hope for a free card. Betting the pot just commits u to the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

We want to be commited to the pot. We hit the perfect flop for our hand and now we pick up a flush draw too! I'd be hitting the pot button so hard my mouse would wimper

[ QUOTE ]
Checking with all these players behind u could make it cheaper to get a good rive card for u. Pluse with all these hands in play there is a very strong possiblity of a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can win when they have 76xx or something and our pair holds up, so we charge lesser draws and get our money in against made hands with great equity. Not pushing with draws like these is like settting fire to your money
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM

If I had to guess what they put me on, it was probably a high pair since I just sat down a few hands ago and thats probably all most people raise with out of the blinds, so I was loving this flop, but I'm probably thinking too deep at a $10 table.

Anyway I potted the turn, UTG repops it, all fold to me and we both get it in. River blanks and UTG shows 987x with x being either a 10 or 6 dont remember, and a flush draw.

I'm glad I got it in, because I would hate to miss out on a value bet on the end. You guys think leading out is the best way to do this at an unknown table? I thought about check raising but being new to the table I wasn't sure if anyone would bet. I don't play much omaha high, much less 6 max, so I'm not really sure how aggressive the tables typically are.

I was also afraid of letting a King or Queen high flush hit for free, but now that I think about it the only reason one of those hands would be hanging around is if they held a similar hand as mine and were going to the river anyway.

Long-winded post, my question is does it really matter one way or the other how I play it as long as I get my money in the middle?