Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Help Me OOT, This Looks Like A Scam, But Unable To Find Anything

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the response. But I was actually able to get the cash! So it seems like it went through fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that it can take a month or longer sometimes for these bad checks to get charged back against your account, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how it can get 'charged back against my account' when they already gave me the money, and I spent it... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the response. But I was actually able to get the cash! So it seems like it went through fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that it can take a month or longer sometimes for these bad checks to get charged back against your account, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how it can get 'charged back against my account' when they already gave me the money, and I spent it... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope youre joking. youre in for a big bounced check coming your way. you need to understand how this scam works.

here's a good education and one of my favorite threads in 2+2 because it's so funny.

manybeers and the go-kart
Old 01-02-2007, 05:26 PM

gg,

If she wins cash, what % of contest winnings does she get to keep?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope youre joking. youre in for a big bounced check coming your way. you need to understand how this scam works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I understand that if it's a scam, which this doesn't appear to be, that they might have you send them money (to be paid back by a bad check) and then when you go to cash the check, it doesn't work. But here, I WAS ABLE TO CASH THE CHECK. So this must be legit... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I consulted a few actually... even dictionary.com does not recognize this as a proper spelling. Check it yourself: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/authorising

I have also consulted three dictionaries that I have in my house. I would love to know what dictionary is now accepting mispellings (common though they may be) as actual words?

[/ QUOTE ]

same dictionary as you. authorise is the british spelling.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/authorise
Old 01-02-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I understand that if it's a scam, which this doesn't appear to be, that they might have you send them money (to be paid back by a bad check) and then when you go to cash the check, it doesn't work. But here, I WAS ABLE TO CASH THE CHECK. So this must be legit... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either trying to make a joke or NEED TO READ THE THREAD I PROVIDED. my last post on the matter.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're either trolling or you're unable to read very well.

The laws require banks to provide you with the funds from the check within 5 days I believe, even if the check hasn't cleared just yet.

Furthermore, they'd cash the check if the money was already in YOUR account (i.e. you have 4K in your account and cash the $2,500 fake check, the $2,500 you get from the bank isn't from that check, it's from your account and you will wind up having to pay it back if you overdraft, either way, you've spent YOUR money)

It can take a month or more in some instances for these checks to come back as fakes, and that's when the bank deducts those thousands you THINK you got from the check.

AND you could be indicated in participating in fraud possibly as well. As per my previous post:

[ QUOTE ]
You are responsible for the checks you deposit

That’s because you’re in the best position to determine the risk – you’re the one dealing directly with the person who is arranging for the check to be sent to you. When a check bounces, the bank deducts the amount that was originally credited to your account. If there isn’t enough to cover it, the bank may be able to take money from other accounts you have at that institution, or sue you to recover the funds. In some cases, law enforcement authorities could bring charges against the victims because it may look like they were involved in the scam and knew the check was counterfeit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never going to live this down, am I? It's pretty funny that someone who posts so infrequently in OOT could be remembered so frequently.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:17 AM

The first thing my lawyer noticed was the incorrect spelling.
I'd like to know how many 3rd tier winners of $75,000.00 there could be.
My lawyer told me it could take up to 2 weeks to find out it's a bad check, but the guy on the phone told me it would be only 24 hours before I could get the money.......so that gives them 13 days to run....these people are hoping that all of us that got this SCAM will do just as we're told.....deposit, withdraw, send the money to them and then just sit and wait for the balance of $72,750.00.....without taxes taken out.....that's another story right there.
I may be broke, but I'm not stupid....I've never won anything big and I never will.