Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: (PS $3/$6): A-High Calldown

Flop is fine IMO. This is a FD, a 6x, a 7x and Ahigh often enough. Folding the flop is actually somewhat weak tight IMO, especially with the BDFD.

If you want to put in another 2BB's by the turn, how about a FSD raise? Villain is certainly capable of folding 6x or even 7x. HERO can easily fold to a 3-bet. Charging the 2 possible FD's with two BB's is nice.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is fine IMO. This is a FD, a 6x, a 7x and Ahigh often enough. Folding the flop is actually somewhat weak tight IMO, especially with the BDFD.

If you want to put in another 2BB's by the turn, how about a FSD raise? Villain is certainly capable of folding 6x or even 7x. HERO can easily fold to a 3-bet. Charging the 2 possible FD's with two BB's is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of what you said. Really everything except raising for a cheaper showdown. I just think this player is too aggressive to make plays like that against him. Against someone with an AF around 2, and maybe with a read that he likes to check-raise with top pair or better, I prefer a turn raise, but not this time.

Scott
Old 01-04-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a sucky river for you,

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that's a bad river for me, I'm really curious what you think would be better?

Scott
Old 01-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Even though he's fairly aggressive I doubt he is gonna 3-bet you of the best hand. I mean, its "your" opponent but as you described him I doubt he is gonna 3-bet with anything less than at least a pair of jacks.
But hey, you play with him and obviously you have the better idea as to whether he could 3-bet you of the better hand or a 6-outer.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though he's fairly aggressive I doubt he is gonna 3-bet you of the best hand. I mean, its "your" opponent but as you described him I doubt he is gonna 3-bet with anything less than at least a pair of jacks.
But hey, you play with him and obviously you have the better idea as to whether he could 3-bet you of the better hand or a 6-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any specific read that led me to rule out a turn raise; it's more that I just don't like taking raise/check lines against extremely aggressive players in general.

Scott