Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
and when i say i'm a 20-25, i mean if i stepped on the course right now. if you gave me a week to practice, i'd likely be better than a 15. give me a month and i'm in single digits.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your career low round? I now find this as the most unbelievable thing in the thread.

Back to the discussion though, I agree with fsu 100%. Assuming they're playing by the Rules Of Golf (no vaseline 'Tone), and Ivey only gets two shots, I'm taking Pavin every day in a match play or stroke play format.

People keep mentioning how easy it would be to have multiple putts, but I still believe that's irrelevent if over half your GIR shots are outside of 25 feet.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is Sexton at golf?

Obviously Tiger is much better from the Tips than Pavin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tiger is MAX 4 shots better than Pavin on a given course. Probably more like 2.5-3 strokes better

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say but that is MASSIVE in golf.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 PM

Next summer I am going to try this with both 2 balls and 3 balls and see what I can muster up. I am around an 8 HC. I say I break par with 3 balls, and will be close with 2.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and when i say i'm a 20-25, i mean if i stepped on the course right now. if you gave me a week to practice, i'd likely be better than a 15. give me a month and i'm in single digits.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your career low round? I now find this as the most unbelievable thing in the thread.

Back to the discussion though, I agree with fsu 100%. Assuming they're playing by the Rules Of Golf (no vaseline 'Tone), and Ivey only gets two shots, I'm taking Pavin every day in a match play or stroke play format.

People keep mentioning how easy it would be to have multiple putts, but I still believe that's irrelevent if over half your GIR shots are outside of 25 feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're a crappy putter, they could give you 10 putts and you'd still have a tough time making it. being able to scramble putts is of benefit in eliminating 3 putts, but it won't help much in anything over 15'.

Very often, your first effort will be your best. Unless of course it's some maniacal double breaking down hill putt, in which case the former statement applies. It will keep him from 3 putting. That said, he's still got to hit the green in two just to keep up with pavin.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Next summer I am going to try this with both 2 balls and 3 balls and see what I can muster up. I am around an 8 HC. I say I break par with 3 balls, and will be close with 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say this is a good guess.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao.

gl with the jump from 15 to 10. and then from 10 to 6-8.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think a 10 handicapper could break par on ANY course you know NOTHING about golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my prime, I have shot from middle tees even par for 9 twice, and 4 over for 18 once. My average at the time was probably 10 over on fairly easy courses I had played many times. All it takes is a good putting day. I really question how much YOU know about golf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a golf pro (Teaching not tour) I think I do know what I am talking about! Most people have no clue as to how bad a 15 handicap is and how great tour pros are! Being a scratch golfer myself I would gladly take Pavins place in that bet! Once again, Ivey has NO CHANCE!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

75 was my best round i think. i used to be decent. i am not booolshitting.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

75 was my best round i think. i used to be decent. i am not booolshitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my point exactly......75 was your BEST and you USED to be decent......LMFAO
Old 01-04-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao.

gl with the jump from 15 to 10. and then from 10 to 6-8.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take prop bets on this as well.

give me 30 days starting when i get into some climate where golf is possible, and i'll be playing at a single digit handicap level (9.4 or better). how we'll measure that is up for debate. (i'm not saying my handicap will BE 9.4 by that point, since it's made up of 20 rounds).

it'll have to be like $10k or so to make it worth my while though.