Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but the general premise that guys like PI do not enter into the terrible bets that you think they do still holds. Basically, if a solid pro gambler enters into a bet and you think it's ridiculously against him - think again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil Ivey is known to play craps for pretty high stakes. Those bets are always against him [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

While he might be better at golf than we think, don't discount the action he's seeking by playing a Tour professional for $10k/hole.

These guys don't even get enough action at $4,000/$8,000 hold em and they need prop bets on what suit the flop will be?????

[/ QUOTE ]

It is clear Ivey doesnt mind taking the worst of it from time to time.

Also in my original posts in this thread I missed they are playing 10K a hole. That changes a lot if Ivey is playing from the reds as some holes are going to play drastically different depending on which tee you hit from. The layout of the course becomes important.

I also misintrepted how short this course is from the reds. I think most 10 handicaps could break par. A 15 handicap would have a tougher time. Again a lot of this depends on the layout of the course again. And of course unless the person has a registered USGA handicap whatever their opinion of their handicap is doesnt mean [censored].

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet but this is the course Ivey plays everyday right? I used to live on a golf course during my teenage years and would play the same track everyday...It is much easier.

I am starting to lean towards Ivey actually winning this if he is actually a 10-15

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think a 10 handicapper could break par on ANY course you know NOTHING about golf.