Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 50/100 party hand

[ QUOTE ]
I do see your point, and I think the flop lead would be significantly better if you had 3 limpers and a late raise PF.

The only thing I know for sure is that I would never lay this hand down on the flop from the BB -- if I ever would, I would never have called with it PF in the first place.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!! GOOD CALL TSP...IF YOURE THE TYP E OF PLAYER WHO SHYS AWAY FROM A DRAW LIKE THIS BECAUSE YOU MAY BE AGAINST A BETTER DRAW THE FOLD THE SMALL SUITED CARDS PREFLOP...BEST LINE IS TO CHECK CALL AS THE ACTION WENT
Old 01-08-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how much did they raise? minimum? then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is part of the confusion. They raised both the minimum and the maximum . . . AT THE SAME TIME!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't foget some crucial information is missing here... what are the stack sizes!!
Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 PM

ANYONE who said to fold this is most definitely not an expert, and is probably more along on the lines of a downright fool. You are getting some of the best odds you could ask for on this flop. Folding is the devil in this hand.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:54 PM

think I fold, the first raise smells overpair, the re-raise smells bigger flush draw than 5d.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:29 PM

People saying you have huge implied odds; isn't cold calling 3 bets practically turning your hand (w/o straight draw) over? A turn diamond kills any action unless your beat, yes?
Old 01-04-2007, 10:04 PM

a marginal call at best with all your non-nut draws.

I don't mind folding, especially when you may have to call another bet on the flop.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:45 AM

I'd call it. Jacks are very likely for cold callers. And they are very likely to defend such hands hardly on a flop as well.

66 and 22 especially having position aren't going to defend their hand by raise/3-bet such dry flop 4-way with only one obvious and non-foldable draw too often at these limits i believe. 2 Diamonds won't push too much as well, given this hand has a huge probability to get to SD and they often actually need more callers on the flop rather than clean out some pair outs.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ANYONE who said to fold this is most definitely not an expert, and is probably more along on the lines of a downright fool. You are getting some of the best odds you could ask for on this flop. Folding is the devil in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good to see that the 50/100 players on the site could get advice from someone who thinks that LHE is stupid because you don't have to figure out pot odds when you flop a flush draw.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good to see that the 50/100 players on the site could get advice from someone who thinks that LHE is stupid because you don't have to figure out pot odds when you flop a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make sense. A lot of it. I mean, that post is PURE gold. Save this one for the archives, everyone. Brilliant. By the way, what the hell does it even mean?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:08 PM

Folding is such a no-brainer that if you call, you certifiably have no (poker) brain. Short of flopping a boat, what can you even be hoping for? Bottom set? So a couple hearts come on the flop and you pay a couple bets to see the turn. Now you hit the flush (forget the straight flush-that's pixie dust poker!). Now what? With all the preflop action strong likelihood that there are a couple (at least) A's out there-and that includes the nut heart. So you pay a couple more big bets to see the turn praying for a non-diamond. And if you dodge that bullet, you could still be beat by a bigger flush or possibly a boat.

Recently I have seen more and more of this kind of tautological rationalizaton ("getting 9.5/1") for expensive, super-loose preflop calls of hands that are designed for playing cheaply. Duh...Course the odds are high-that's because there's a lot of opposition!

Ironically, it seems that these kind of mistakes may be more frquent at high- rather than low-limit poker. The only possible explanation is that the rich fish are less concerned about their money than the stiffs grinding out a few bucks at 5/10 or whatever.