Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Ivey vs. Corey Pavin golf bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad someone finally mentioned this. Phil will basically be playing three rounds of golf. Once, I played three rounds and by the end I could barely swing the club. I was exhausted.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he won't be playing basically three rounds, because he's not walking the whole course three times. In fact, I doubt he'd even be walking the course once, as they're probably required to use golf carts. The most I've ever played in one day while walking the course and carrying my own bag is 54 holes, and I was absolutely dog-dead at the end of the day. I don't think I would have been anywhere near that tired if I had been riding a cart.

All of that aside, I seriously doubt Phil's a true 15 handicap, and I'd bet on Pavin. Put a true 15 handicap on the front tees against a pro on the back tees, and give the 15 handicap 3 balls, and I'd bet on the 15 handicap. I've played the Las Colinas TPC in Irving several times in a scramble format, and the groups I've been in have consistently been able to get in the low 60's, with a best score of 57, and that's in a format where you're required to use the shot (not including putt) of your D player at least once per round.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you are talking about GROUPS shooting in the low 60's not 1 player playing all the shots shooting in the low 60's. Phil loses AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!!!