Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Anyone ever SURVIVE an audit at Full Tilt?

The VK emulates a standard keyboard so all the normal loggers can log the keys from this keyboard too.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

site software would have to have its own virtual keyboard inside the program to be safe from keyloggers. but this doesn't really matter, if someone has put a software keylogger on your computer they probably have full access to your system and will get any password or info they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think a well implemented VK spawned by the client would provide almost total security (for now) in regard to the password entered. If you included the ability to randomize the layout of the keyboard then even specificly targeted programs that mapped mouse cursor positions to key values would be useless. All a snifer even one with complete access is going to see is mouse coordinates followed by encrypted packets being sent back to the server. Now mabey with complete access you could be reading stuff off the stack, or whatever -- I am alas not a haxor or even a very good software engineer lol

You would need to have a some sort of character recognition program in order to crack it. If nothing else combine the VK with say two very simply questions based on pictures -- ie is this a horse or cow, boy or girl, etc Thats going to be a tough nut to crack for say 5 years [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yes this is going to add to your logon time but hey whats even a minute a day for excellent security. I'm sure theoretically there are many ways to crack this with complete access but you have to consider what your going to find "in the wild". Now of course with full access they probably have already gotten to your email accounts and such but at the very least if they want to logon to your poker account they are going to have to do some social engineering (emailing the poker site from your addy)

Also, sorry OP for the hijack but apparently no one has survived a FT audit(heh) and this is for a good cause.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 AM

Hmm well I guess if the sniffer is storing like 5 screenshots a second your screwed. Anyways your always going to have a sort of arms race going on here but for the time being it would be a nice security improvement.

I know that sites such as ING Direct use a VK (a number pad in the case of ING) in the logon process, so they see some value in it at least.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Could someone expand on these audits going on at Full Tilt? I have most of my bankroll on there and am worried.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:39 AM

In short, keep only what you need on there to play, Neteller, etc is safer than a pokersite imo.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Are there dangers in storing your password on your machine? My PC is fingerprint protected and I know my roommates very well so I'm not worried about them getting on there and taking my $.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone expand on these audits going on at Full Tilt? I have most of my bankroll on there and am worried.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-04-2007, 02:35 PM

I had my account audited and restored. ( Audit was due to me logging into the account of a buddy which was under investigation.) Emailed back and forth and sent in scanned copy of bank statement utility bill and drivers licence and I wa sgood)
Old 01-04-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had my account hacked and the money dumped, I emailed them and they closed it for an audit, after a few emails a week later it was open with an email telling me they are not responsible for my security and that nothing on their end looked like I was hacked so I was out $2200 and no HH's to see even what game this person dumped my chips on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact same thing happened to me at Full Tilt. The audit determined that the player didn't chip dump, just blew all my cash and emptied my account except for two cents and my tournament tokens.

I have still not been able to restore access to my account to play cash games.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Are these audits random? Or do they just do them when they encounter suspicious activity? Also, why was someone talking about needing to be 21?