Hispanic 5 2.55%
Middle Eastern 1 0.51%
Native American 1 0.51%
Pacific Islander 0 0%
East Indian 1 0.51%
Other/mixed 3 1.53%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: Pick Your Kid\'s Sexual Orientation!

[ QUOTE ]
(Even though most of your poll options were gags, like the lesbians/golf one, that one sounded relatively serious -- if you were being sarcastic there, then my bad).

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much all of the pros/cons were jokes. Liking a girl's cooch isn't going to give your swing any more power [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean like your insipid stereotypes about straights being more likely to have stable monogamous relationships?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay men are more likely to engage in short term mating than straight men.

Straight men are more likely to engage in a long term monogamous relationship than gay men.

These arent stereotypes. These are facts.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You mean like your insipid stereotypes about straights being more likely to have stable monogamous relationships?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gay men are more likely to engage in short term mating than straight men.

Straight men are more likely to engage in a long term monogamous relationship than gay men.

These arent stereotypes. These are facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ignorantments. Are gay men statistically more promiscuous? Yes. Do heterosexual relationships statistically last longer? Yes. Neither of those things are the issue. The issue is "STABLE MONOGAMOUS" relationships. Straight people, when married/engaged, cheat just as often, if not more so, than gays. The gays just break up first then sleep with someone else. Stable? When gays pick a life partner, they turn out to be far more stable than the f*cked up families breeders turn out.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL ignorantments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive taken a class in human mating, a few of the lectures dealt directly homosexual mating, so I doubt Im ignrorant on the subject

(I hate when someone is "OMG I STUDIED THIS", so, sorry, but I do think its relevant here)

[ QUOTE ]
Are gay men statistically more promiscuous? Yes. Do heterosexual relationships statistically last longer? Yes. Neither of those things are the issue. The issue is "STABLE MONOGAMOUS" relationships. Straight people, when married/engaged, cheat just as often, if not more so, than gays. The gays just break up first then sleep with someone else. Stable? When gays pick a life partner, they turn out to be far more stable than the f*cked up families breeders turn out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're completely missing one half of the equation. You're only looking at how they compare, ONCE THEY ARE IN the relationship, but are ignoring the relative frequency at which THEY ENTER the relationship.

I honestly dont know off the top of my head how stability of a homosexual vs heterosexual STABLE relationship compares, but the frequency at which the groups ENTER a stable relationship is so rediculously skewed towards heterosexuals that its irrelevant.

EDIT: just to note, this is all in reference to homosexual males. Its out the door when its females
Old 01-04-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You're completely missing one half of the equation. You're only looking at how they compare, ONCE THEY ARE IN the relationship, but are ignoring the relative frequency at which THEY ENTER the relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I interpreted the statement -- that straights are more likely than gays to have stable, monogamous relationships, that is, out of every 100 relationships, say for example 60 straight ones would be stable & monogamous and 45 gay ones would be. I don't think there was any inference about how often they would enter into this. So we disagree on the premise, not the conclusion.

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly dont know off the top of my head how stability of a homosexual vs heterosexual STABLE relationship compares, but the frequency at which the groups ENTER a stable relationship is so rediculously skewed towards heterosexuals that its irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: just to note, this is all in reference to homosexual males. Its out the door when its females

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:39 AM

I can't see how anything but bisexual can be the right answer to every question?

A world of possibilities. If I could be turned from straight to bi, I'd take it.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tbh, gay relationships tend to fall apart like a house built on graham crackers (at least when they're younger). When gay males mature and decide to stop being swinging bachelors, they're similarly capable, although I still think that these relationships tend to fall apart more often.

However, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I think heterosexuals tend to have unnaturally long monogamous relationships because of social pressures. There are a great many loveless heterosexual relationships in this country that are held together by nothing but divorce complications, social stigmas of divorce, religious guilt and co-parenting issues. Gays have very few of these problems, and when the love leaves the relationship, they part ways. We have a fairy tale that we're supposed to find one person, fall hopelessly in love with them, and stay in love with them forever, and it's unnatural.

If you see a middle-aged gay couple holding hands, rest assured that there really is something there.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see how anything but bisexual can be the right answer to every question?

A world of possibilities. If I could be turned from straight to bi, I'd take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 01-04-2007, 05:34 AM

Do we have to assume your pro and con assertions are universally true or can we just vote without reading them since they have obvious bias and specific connotations which may or may not have truth or relevance????

Not trying to be mean, but you did muddy up the survey with the pros and cons being listed.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone WANT their kids to be gay as opposed to straight?

[/ QUOTE ]

many posters here are secretly gay. the thread on the hottest 2+2 nominees where all the male OOT'ers were voting on the other hot male OOT'ers was indescribably gay.