Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 PM

Default Making laptop monitor number 2, second monitor number 1 .. help

Just got a new 20" monitor. I'm running this through my laptop. My problem I'm having is making the new monitor the main monitor. My set up is that I have the 20" monitor setup to the left and my laptop to the right. As it is now, my mouse runs through the screen's the opposite way that it should. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a Dell e1505 laptop if that helps. Also, what do I need to do to run the audio the same on both? Do I need to purchase speakers? Thank's in advance.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Making laptop monitor number 2, second monitor number 1 .. help

Either Physically move the external monitor to the other side, or go to display properties and drag 1 to the other side of 2 or 2 to the other side of 1.

[ QUOTE ]
what do I need to do to run the audio the same on both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Audio is audio, it doesn't differentiate between monitors. I don't understand what isn't right or needs to be fixed as far as audio. If you highlight a table on the external monitor, the table clicks/sounds should be every bit as audible as if you highlight a table on the laptop monitor. Nothing at all should have changed audio-wise when adding a monitor. Could you elaborate on the sound problem, please?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Making laptop monitor number 2, second monitor number 1 .. help

i have the same laptop and just did this today, right click desktop, goto properties, settings tab, then advanced click the videocard tab, for me its ati control center,in there is display manager which will allow you to change all the settings.