Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: 88 in LP hits set and lots of flop action

*Grunch*

I would have played it the same way you did.

Both players are very loose, so could have a wide variety of hands - only a couple of which beat you.

UTG+1 could have AT - JT and got married to it. BB may have J9, but could also have TP that he just decided to get all his money in with.

- Spike
Old 01-03-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would have played it the same way you did.

[/ QUOTE ]
At the time, I wasn't that concerned with either one of the villians. In retrospect, I wondered if I should have given more respect to the straight possibilities.

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 could have AT - JT and got married to it. BB may have J9, but could also have TP that he just decided to get all his money in with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good reads. UTG+1 showed JT and BB showed J9. So I lost the main pot to BB and took the second pot.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM

I'm doing the ole grunch thing here (as always but I only mention it now because this has had a thousand replies already).

PF: I agree with the limp for the reasons you suggest
Flop: Looks good but caution from now because of BB cap
Turn: Under normal circumstances I would just call the turn, but in this instance I like the raise because it puts BB all in. I think we're ahead of UTG+1
River: Fine, but again, only because BB is all in.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Preflop I raise it up. You have a large equity edge vs the field. These people worried about scare cards don't understand what a scare card is because it works both ways. If you raise this preflop you will make the hand easier to play, you will make more when you flop a set, get to see the river for 3 small bets... IMO that makes it a raise.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I raise it up. You have a large equity edge vs the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly? How large? Cuz if you can't make it > 33%, it ain't a-gunna be for value. Even if you assume that both blinds come along, you still want your EDGE (not total equity) to be > 20%.

[ QUOTE ]
These people worried about scare cards don't understand what a scare card is because it works both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean that by raising you might be able scare one of your opponents off a weak ace that flops TP, you have to be kidding.

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise this preflop you will make the hand easier to play, you will make more when you flop a set, get to see the river for 3 small bets... IMO that makes it a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

How will you make the hand easier to play? How will you make more when you flop a set? As to seeing the river for 3 small bets, well, ok, but if you don't raise pf you likely get to see the river for AT MOST 4 small bets (if you want to), more likely 3, 2 or 1 against very loose-passive opponents, plus have a better idea of what your opponents have in their hands.