Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Afraid of going bald

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously dude, just shave it all off. Despite how it may look(it will probably look fine), the physchological effects are where it will benefit you the most. Just think of all the time you have spent worrying about it, looking in the mirror, etc. Now imagine NEVER having to think about it again... Do it now while you still have a choice in the matter. It was the best decision I ever made..

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth.

The other choice is taking drugs for the rest of your life to save whatever you have left. I guess it's a solid option if you have the commitment to continue. But I am bald and hate all people with hair, so I think you should go the shaving route.

It should not be a choice to allow it to gradually erode while you think to yourself, "No one probably even notices." Meanwhile, everyone notices your ridiculous masking attempts and they're saying, "When is he going to shave that [censored] off?"
Old 01-03-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 22 and going bald too.

You can take rogaine and spend like $600 a year preventing the inevitable, or you can suck it up and take it like a man.

I'm probably going to start taking rogaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

gild,
rogaine is an absolute waste of money for most types of baldness, it only works correctly if used when you have a balding crown ONLY. I'm well into the advanced stages of losing my hair at the ripe old age of 24, tried Rogaine when I was 20 for almost a year, and absolutely nothing happened. Apparently it's because I'm balding too much from the front.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've read good things about Propecia, apparently that's pretty good at arresting hair loss (not so good at growing new hair though.)
Old 01-03-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 22 and going bald too.

You can take rogaine and spend like $600 a year preventing the inevitable, or you can suck it up and take it like a man.

I'm probably going to start taking rogaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

gild,
rogaine is an absolute waste of money for most types of baldness, it only works correctly if used when you have a balding crown ONLY. I'm well into the advanced stages of losing my hair at the ripe old age of 24, tried Rogaine when I was 20 for almost a year, and absolutely nothing happened. Apparently it's because I'm balding too much from the front.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've read good things about Propecia, apparently that's pretty good at arresting hair loss (not so good at growing new hair though.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I allude to Propecia in the next paragraph of that post.

I'm friends with a girl whose ex-bf was going bald at a young age, and used Propecia to stop it. It definitely stopped the balding, and did in fact regrow some new "hair", but all of that hair was extremely thin and brittle, had the consistency of straw, and frankly looked like absolute [censored]. Small sample size, I know, but buyer beware.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Propecia + Rogaine, works for some, not for others.