Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Human Vs Gorilla

[ QUOTE ]

Why are people choosing a bat over a knife?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they are thinking they can use the range to their advantage. This is pretty unlikely. Gorillas are FAST. Seriously: am I the only one that saw congo?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. I doubt it. The gorilla would probably just flip out of it or something. Also, I'm not sure exactly how strong a gorilla is, but it would take an immensely strong person to break the arm. I think once the gorilla felt the tension from the arm bar it would go nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the answer depends on what we mean by already having the setup. There is ZERO chance that a human could get a gorilla into an armbar, but once they have the setup perfect and are sufficiently strong, it's cake.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:05 AM

Am I the only person who thought that a gorilla is strong enough to pretty much rip a man in half?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 AM

Snowball,

Similar scenario.

A human rolls up to the gas station and starts to fill up his tank. He turns around to see a gorilla cleaning his windshield. The human lets the gorilla know that there aren't any banana handouts to shaggy busket chimps. The gorilla gets angry and a fight to the death will ensue.

Human: 5'10", 150 lbs, and has received martial arts training that would lend to knife fighting. Human keeps a 5" blade which he sharpens regularly on his hip.

Busket Gorilla: Big and Angry

Who wins? Odds?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:13 AM

^Laughing so hard at that.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 AM

In response to Snowball I meant that the arm-bar is as secured as it can get. However, keeping in mind that while all of us primates have similar joints, the Gorilla arm is much longer than a human arm, and therefore the elbow is in a different location.

I think Gorrila legs and human legs are silimar in length, so I was originally gonna go with knee-bar. But one of my friends suggested that the gorilla has hands on its feet which it could use to rip your arms away.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:31 AM

This is pretty ridiculous. I male gorilla can weigh anywhere from 350 - 500lbs. It's estimated that that they can be anywhere from 10-25 times stronger then the average male. I can think of no scenario where the human would win unless he has a gun or a really big sword and got a lucky swing in.

I mean, com'on, you'd be fighting something that could literally rip you in half if it wanted to.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:51 AM

....If it wanted to. So what you're saying is you'd have to dress up in a baby gorilla costume and get the gorilla to love you and care for you and then one day when you are swinging from his neck like a good baby-rilla you quickly slip the knife out of your sewn in pocket on the back of your hand and stab that nigga in the neck and carve him up like thanksgiving turkey?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only person who thought that a gorilla is strong enough to pretty much rip a man in half?

[/ QUOTE ]
A normal man, yes.
But a swashbucklin' pirate with his feathery side-kick (parrots ftw!) would be vastly superior.
Yarrr beats Ugh-ugh big time.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, a ten year old girl with a knife could easily kill a gorilla...

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily? How about without getting herself killed in the process? The ten year old girl would be lucky to get one good slash/stab in before her head would be removed from her body.