Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Games You\'ve Spent the Most HOURS On

Thousands for Counterstrike (spread over 1.1-1.6, the xbox version, and Source).

I got to 450 hours of PGR2 before my Xbox hard drive packed in. Haven't played it in a couple of years [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:07 PM

pot in countless hours playing rogue spear back in the day, that was a fun community
Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 PM

Various incarnations of Championship (now Football) Manager must have done for at least 500 hours, at least 200 was on one game and that's only the longest known, that was only 15 seasons, did 30+ on some of the earlier ones. At least 200 on various Madden games. I've not actually got a lot of hours logged on SSBM or Starcraft, funnily enough. Probably done over 100 on each of Super Metroid (although I still suck and can't get a speed run under 1:45), Mario 3, Mario Kart/MK64, SF2.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:01 AM

I was a serious Team Fortress Classic player(HL MOD) for 4-5 years. Started when I was like 9 and played till 15. Clan practice 3 times a week with STA/TFL/other league matches during the week. Probably played that 40 hours a week for 4 years. 10 a week for the other few yrs.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:38 AM

UO - Too long, 2k+ hours I guess?!?! Probs more....Sick amount 3-5 years off and on lol, oh dear.........I was young though, so mehh

WOW - ~1000 hours, lucky I hate it now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Championship Manager (Series) - Probs around 1000 hours throughout the ages, managed 8 seasons many a time.....

Colonization - Bit like Civ, but about Americian war of Indep, colonising etc, awesome, loved it as a kid....500 hours?

Goldeneye - Standard, 400 hours I guess.....

Half Life + Mods (CS/TFC) - 500 hours?

Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Class game, 300 odd hours..

Played far too many games in my youth true be told....... Not that bad in recent years though...

Probs more over 500, can't think though.....

Glad I got rid of WOW a while ago, its a waste of time....
Old 01-03-2007, 04:30 AM

I realize that the amount of time I've spent playing games is insane. If I only could have invested that time in real work & study. I have never counted the hours. Would like to know though.

Ultima Online - spent 2-3 years of my life playing this game, which used 90% of my free time.

Action Quake 2 - countless hours also

Team Fortress Quake 1 - my first love back in 1997 or so.

L.O.R.D - Bulletin Board System game - played with a 3.36k modem

CounterStrike - I tried CS after AQ2, but never enjoyed it as much as the pace of the game is a lot slower and IMHO less skill is required. In AQ2 it's alot easier to kill the whole opposing team

Texas Hold Em - a lot.

Colonization

Settlers 1

GTA 1

Diablo I

Diablo II

Super Nintendo Games: NHLPA93 NHL 94

NeS Games: Mario 1/2, Zelda, etc.

Total Annihilation - Online, hundreds of games, each lasting about an hour or two. 1000+ hours easily
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online MUD from 1995-2000. Over 2000 hrs spread over multiple characters and years. By far the worst addiction/decision in my life so far. Complete total waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I made the same mistake. I played one called Vampire Wars and had three characters whose ages probably added up to about 1400 game years, and IIRC 1 game year = 2 real hours. All three characters eventually got banned because the admins were [censored] (the whole game was player-killing, and I killed a lot, you would think that would be okay, but nooo people should play nice and all this stupid [censored]). I was pretty good, they have player rankings here and my character (Biff) is still at 42 or so despite not playing in 2 years (I was in the 20s when I last got banned IIRC). The 43k number is "mob kills", which is how you get experience to grow a stronger character, and the other factor of your score is (player kills - player deaths); given that pretty much everyone around me on that list has way more MKs (running around killing mobs is [censored] boring) I had to make up for being weaker by being really good at player killing.

Other games: Tony LaRussa Baseball II on PC, Civilization (consumed my life when I got it as an elementary school graduation present), Doom/Doom 2 (must have played through shareware about 20 times before finally getting the full game), Quake 2 (played lots of Weapons Factory)...there are probably some others I'm forgetting. Oblivion was only about 50 hours for me, would have been a lot more but I ran into a bug that kept me from being able to GM the Fighter's Guild and that kinda shook my addiction.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:27 AM

I wasted a lot of time in an Online MUD, Ancient Anguish. They're nice becuase they can expand much faster than other online games becuase adding things isn't that hard for the admins.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:51 AM

MUDs.. oh boy. I've played on three of them. DragonMUD I played for a couple months, then got bored. A few months later I was bored and forgot why I stopped playing MUDs, so I started playing again, on JellyBeanMUD this time. After a couple weeks I got bored of it and stopped again. Four years later I forgot why I stopped playing and played on some other MUD for about a week. Then got bored and stopped.

Now I hope I never forget...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:40 AM

back in the day ....
CS
WOW
SWG

I dont think i have spent as much time on any other game apart from these 3.

Stay away from MMORPGs!