Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 03:04 AM

Default tournament ethics question

This has probably been covered extensively somewhere, but here goes. What happens if nine places get paid, two five-player tables are left, and the players at one table start folding every hand to the big blind? I suppose the director could make some kind of threat in a live event, but what about an online one?
Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: tournament ethics question

As long as nothing is explicity said between the players, technically this isn't collusion.

However, this situation shouldn't happen that often. If something like this happens, the players at the other table would probably notice and do the same thing, so basically no one would get eliminated until everyone decides to "play again".

It's a dumb strategy, as one would want to be stealing blinds more often on the bubble of the final table. Not capitalizing on the tightness of other players during this bubble would be a mistake.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: tournament ethics question

I would love it if the other table did that on a ft bubble, I would abuse the [censored] out of my table and those other 5 would be more likely to be even in stacks while I grow immensely larger. Also, the bubble would last longer with only possibility for someone to be knocked out at other table.