Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Re: 15/30 Live - KQs in Hijack

I 3 bet KQs preflop HU and cold call if its a 3 way pot. The reason not to 3 bet it is to get more people to call preflop, since you want as many people in the pot with your hand as you can get. One of the reasons to 3 bet this hand preflop in the 3 way pot is to get info about original raisers hand. Well you got enough info preflop...fold the flop. Once you peel the flop, call the turn and pray that you have 3 more outs then just a flash draw.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:10 PM

pretty sure the only question here is pf and in a good live game I'm for cold-calling here. The flop I pretty much always will peel and then I will call the turn again. This is limit poker, right? Nobody is folding a pair here and EP is not folding his one pair draw either.

You've pretty much defended your pf play in your 2nd post edit but I think after this guy caps pf you're really spewing by raising this turn. Just call and fold if you miss.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've pretty much defended your pf play in your 2nd post edit but I think after this guy caps pf you're really spewing by raising this turn. Just call and fold if you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to defend my raise, of course [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] -- I guess I hate calling two cold because it always feels wrong -- but given the fact that it would induce more overcalling, maybe it is correct... I also like buying the button.

Call Turn and Fold to a nonfrush, nonpair river (Bet/Raise flush) was obvious. The 3-bet PF and peel on the flop were certainly the most controversial parts here...