Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Right Color, Wrong Suit

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play cards much, but here goes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would folded preflop. Given that you raised preflop, I would have bet/called the flop if it got headsup, and bet the turn of course. But since you had two cold callers on the flop raise, I would have bet/folded the flop. You're behind most of the time and can still lose if you're not, with all the draws out there. Whomever has a ten will never let go and you're now playing catch up out of position. This is why I wouldn't have raised preflop.

In all seriousness, this hand isn't like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a fold preflop, I think it's a limp. It's a relatively loose game...with A9s I'd be raising for sure, I'd probably fold A7s.

As for on the flop, I figured I was behind after being raised...I gave a thought to folding, but when it came around to me I was getting 18-1 closing the action, and I have a hard time folding in a spot like that.

And as for this hand not being like me...you may be right. It came at the tail end of an 8-hour session, by which point I had been awake for 26 hours straight, and that's not a recipe for solid play. But hey, at least I played the turn right (I think).

By the way, were the dance lessons worth it?
Old 12-06-2006, 02:25 AM

I just felt you went too far with this hand on the flop when I've seen you make smart laydowns in situations where others would take it too far. A9s I raise pf for sure, but A8s and below I dump. Not really right or wrong, but with a full game, I think you have to draw the line somewhere.

You're an excellent player (and dancer) and just from reading your post, I knew you had a marathon session.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:45 PM

How sure are you of this? I seem to be getting iso-raised very frequently when I limp from EP at the Foxwoods 20/40. I know this game is different, but I've resolved to never put myself in that situation(thoughts?). Perhaps most of the more observant players know my clearly defined range, since I'm not likely to be LRR with premiums in this game.

I would be likely to fold the turn against many players, as this raise is almost never short of a set and my A "outs" could be dirty and/or held by others.